new mf formula in 1.10?
I was quite suprised when gfraiser updated Arreat Summit the other day to say that the mf formula now have diminishing returns from 10% mf and up campared to the 110% in 1.09.

Anyone have an idea what this new formula looks like?
I believe is was +10% in 1.09, too. That is, when you have +10% MF equipment, you have 110% MF compared to your default state. It's just a question of how you look at it.
to quote diabloii.net (which i believe was acurate regarding mf in 1.09):

Quote:There are substantial diminishing returns in MF's effectiveness as you raise it higher and higher.  Use this calculator for exact percentages, see our MF info page for more details in this table.  This feature was added in v1.09, and first confirmed by Jarulf.

Magic Find doesn't boost your odds of finding everything equally.  It's all the same up to 100%, but after that your odds of finding Rares, Sets, and Uniques drop steeply.  Blizzard added this in since it's possible to get such huge Magic Find numbers in the Expansion, and they didn't want it to be so easy to find the really good/scarce stuff.

So according to diabloii.net having +100% mf in 1.09 would give you precisely double the amount of uniques drops (when these can be rolled ofc.). "it's all the same up to 100%" would suggest they are not regarding 100% mf as your characters initial state, but rather having +100% mf from items etc.
And it was a miss stated bit of information by Jarulf back in the 1.08/1.09 time period. The internal code is checking if a parameter is greater than 110, but Jarulf did not take into account that the base of 100 for a naked character had already been added in at that point. Everyone can make a mistake. The problem here is that too many treat every thing that Jarulf lists as being 100+% correct. His track record is more like 98% which is still far better than most of us. ;)

Quote: to quote diabloii.net (which i believe was acurate regarding mf in 1.09):
On this matter they are wrong even for the 1.09 game.
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me =)
Here's a post from the Phrozen Keep that explains some of it by the way:

http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/view...pic.php?t=12177

Better put on your thinking cap first! :lol:

I think you can still use that MF calculator on D2.net by the way, but must remember to include that base 100% player MF in all figures. So if you had 50% MF on your character, you should feed the calculator 150%, and the resultant 141% effective unique find would actually represent 41% MF.
weevil,Nov 27 2003, 10:10 PM Wrote:I was quite suprised when gfraiser updated Arreat Summit the other day to say that the mf formula now have diminishing returns from 10% mf and up campared to the 110% in 1.09.

Anyone have an idea what this new formula looks like?
Just on the AS change, I submitted that "correction" together with MF working on bosses and the new CB and OW info. That is why it got updated. He used to have my erroneous 110% before. As said, it has always been 10%.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.