Necro experiments and frame speed question
First off, I'd like to mention that blood golem NO LONGER damages the caster - I got three of them fried by the summoner in normal and noticed zero change in my life. The hover text still claims that it damages you, so either a bug exists, or the text needs to be updated.

Two, I wonder if with all the synergies, a golem only necro would be viable, 20 in mastery and each golem, and 10 in summon resist or 1 teeth 9 CE, or possibly some curses with good +skills - those should turn out to be bloody buff golems in any situation.

Thirdly, Iron Golem is no longer persistent, likely because this was built off 1.07 and not 1.09.

Lastly, I was wondering if anyone could calculate the frame speed of an assassin's attack with maxed BoS with various bows, just to see how low it goes. I'm pondering the viability of BoS/Venom/Cloak/Warrior/Dragon Wing bow assassin (D1 rogue style) in 1.1.

Thanks in advance, so sayeth The Hermit.

"Terrified of being wrong, ultimatum prison cell." Tool - The Grudge
I just tried 20/20/20/20/20 in golums and glolum mastery after seeing you say the blood golum was no longer linked.

Using amp with the golum, damage was almost non exsistant in hell. Although the golums were quite durable.

The only golum that was doing signifigant damage was the iron golum with his thorns.
Crap like that makes me wonder how thorough Blizzard has been with testing. C'mon. Eighty to one-hundred points in golems and they don't do any damage? You may as well just remove their attacking ability entirely. Make them throw confetti and candy and money to all the nice monsters.

Grrr, I say. Grrr.
:angry:
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
That implies that they do testing in the first place.
Regarding golems, the Fire Golem should be able to do damage in the thousands for it to be viable in Hell, and Golem Mastery should boost damage too. If you think that damage in the thousands for a golem is just too much, remember that we are talking about one golem as opposed to many minions. A golem-only Necromancer should be viable, IMO.

Also, the Fire Golem's Holy Fire is too weak. If Blizzard decided to add a melee-based fire damage bonus to Holy Fire just in the way that Holy Freeze and Holy Shock work now, maybe that would be enough to boost the damage of the Fire Golem high enough for it to be useful in Hell.
The gods made heavy metal and they saw that is was good
They said to play it louder than Hell
We promised that we would
When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die

- Manowar
Revives seem terribly flimsy...from my use of them in the Chaos Sanc, I can tell you that 90% of the time I had two of them, one would die in one hit, and the second would have 10% life and die in another, despite having +315% life from 19+4 skel mastery. This is on p5 in normal, so I doubt it's a life overflow...can anyone else testify weird Revive behaviour?

"Suffocate what is mine, bury what is mine." Tool - Flood