Windowed mode, anything else?
Okay, I have a question. I found, and really like, the -w command you can add to the Diablo II shortcut to open it in windowed mode. Are there any other command lines like this? Or a big listing somewhere? Just curious, I like neat hidden-type stuff.
"Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him .... (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good).....A super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."
i only know of a few off hand
-lq low quality
-skiptobnet skips to login screen
Low quality? What's that one do?
"Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him .... (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good).....A super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."
It is funny. Years ago, I couldn't play in windowed mode. It gave me a headache and an upset stomach.

Now, I can't not play in windowed mode. Full screen resolution is SO. HORRIBLY. AWFUL. BAD. even at 800x600, that it looks like a giant blob of crap.

Running 800x600 windowed on a 1152x768 desktop looks very nice though.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Where do these commands go? I have tried putting them in various places and have nothing to show for it.
Ultimate_Power,Jul 13 2003, 01:46 AM Wrote:Where do these commands go? I have tried putting them in various places and have nothing to show for it.
"D:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w

Example of shortcut to start D2 in windowed mode, if installed to D: drive.
"Start in" line should be your D2 folder (e.g. ""D:\Diablo II")

-rcv-
To into your Diablo folder (C:\Program Files\Diablo II) (or something close to that, depending on your system.) Right click on Diablo II.exe, go to create shortcut. Now right click on the new icon that appears (Shortcut to Diablo II.exe) and go to properties. In the file path line that appears, add -w to the end separated from the quote with a space. Apply, and then from then on using that shortcut to run the game will window it.

If you chose to have a desktop icon installed when you installed the game, you already have a shortcut to LoD on your desktop. Simply rightclick that icon, go to properties, and add the -w.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.