v1.10 Bosses & Enemies
Only as far as Act 4 Normal right now, so this is an incomplete list. But here are a few things I noticed that have changed with bosses and some random enemies in the game. Feel freem to chime in with anything you've observed.

Duriel: Thank god, no more cold immunity on Normal Difficulty. If you have a character that specializes in Cold, he's no longer the 5-foot-high speedbump he used to be.

Bremm Sparkfist: Could be just dumb luck, but I got him with Holy Shock and Lightning Enchanted. I missed the days when Sparky... well, sparked. Is this a constant thing that they changed?

Lord de Seis: Boooo.... not crazy about this change. He spawned surrounded by Doom Knights, not Oblivion Knights. His group is no longer something to be feared.

Diablo: The big red guy has been studying up on some tactics, it seems. He was continuously casting his bone prison followed by the good ol' LBOD. I can't recall him ever combining those two skills as regularly as he was in the battle just now. But I suppose after you've been killed a few billion times by adventurers you start to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Mosquitos: Woohoo! I remember everyone used to wonder why these things even made it into the manual. Through v1.09 you might run into 10 in the entire jungle in Act III, unless you chance upon a VERY rare unique one. Well, during my trip to through Act 3's sewers they were abundant, and it was great. Very creepy to hear that buzzing while they swarm up on you.

I'm sure I'll run into a few other things in Act 5 (not to mention the other difficulties), but these seemed worth mentioning. Feel free to add your own.
See you in Town,
-Z
Here's something about Blood Raven.

She definitely gets a bow with some random mods, but the fire arrow skill appears by default. Last time mah frenzy babo was there (hell), she dumped cold arrows on me for like 10 mins (I was getting pissed - had no "cannot be frozen" stuff), but all of a sudden, the cold arrowing stopped, so that was surely some charge coming from the bow. Also, her bow had knockback this time (another annoyance lol).

After like 15 mins I finally whacked her, only to get that uber drop of a blue dirk and a blue throwing axe. LOL.
Sparky seems to have a random aura these days, since he had a Might aura when I fought him.
Zarathustra,Jul 13 2003, 09:15 AM Wrote:Duriel:  Thank god, no more cold immunity on Normal Difficulty.
He never was Cold Immune on Normal

Bremm - seems to be aura LE. I've seen several different auras

Quote:Lord de Seis:  Boooo.... not crazy about this change.  He spawned surrounded by Doom Knights, not Oblivion Knights.  His group is no longer something to be feared.

I think actually this might be more deadly than you think. Both Fanaticism and Extra Strong boost the melee minions. In later difficulties if a third aura also boosts them (eg Extra Fast, Cold Enchanted or Amp) then this pack could become rather dangerous
Quote:Here's something about Blood Raven.

She definitely gets a bow with some random mods, but the fire arrow skill appears by default.

Last night I took her on with my Necro and his skeleton crew + golem, and it was hillarious since she spawned with terror on her bow. I could only watch and laugh after time after time my guys got hit and sent off running away full speed from the battle.

Another monster change I noticed was that Bremm and the boys all attack with hydras direct on sight, where as before they would only attack when attacked...definately more challenging, especially if you are just trying to sneak around to whack Mephisto.
Kandir,Jul 13 2003, 06:30 PM Wrote:Another monster change I noticed was that Bremm and the boys all attack with hydras direct on sight, where as before they would only attack when attacked...definately more challenging, especially if you are just trying to sneak around to whack Mephisto.
You're absolutely right about Bremm. However, this change makes dealing with him a little easier IMHO. Up to 1.09D Bremm and gang would quickly attack and surround the character as soon as they detected him/her. Now their first (and maybe second) reaction is to cast Hydras, giving the character plenty of time to just run by them. Even in case of a battle the Bremm group doesn't mob anymore, so they can picked off one by one.

BTW, Bremm is definitely always spawning LE these days.

I have a Frost Zealot (Zeal/Sac/HF/CR) at clvl 76. Duriel is by far the toughest boss for my character. This is probably because of the Zeal bug.

The thing I've noticed most about unique monsters and their minions is more attributes are inhereited by the minions. For example, if the boss has "mana steal" now the minions also have that ability. This makes dealing with unique packs much harder. There is also a tendency to spawn two separate unique packs (of the same type) on the same spot simultaneously.
Signature? What do you mean?
LOL yer necro's army fled in terror? kekeke

As for bremm spawning lightning ench, remember he's bremm SPARKFIST ^^
Well, Bremm used to ALWAYS be an LEB until Blizzard changed him (was that in v1.08 or v1.08? *shrugs*)

In any case, just faced him with my Barbarian and again he was Lightning Enchanted and Holy Shock.
See you in Town,
-Z
Bremm had holy fire when I did him in normal...very odd.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Guess I shouldn't have started my new thread. LEBs now transfer their "shocking hits" ability to minions as well. Blizzard's idea of "monstrous synergies" maybe? :P