The only thing that I dont like in 1.10 by so far
-- Rant Alert !! --

Just landed with my untwinked Barbarian to Act5 nightmare. Game is definately harder than before, and I have no problem with that. But when I hit Bloody Foothills there are Guill Ratt's saying "Hi !" I have no problem with Lashers, those are Act5 monsters and fit in theme. But Quill Rats, please ...

So I go on and profeed to rescue Barbarians, Frigid Highlands have now Slingers... Hmm..

Then Arret Plateau.. There are no Imps. Why ? Only couple of randow ones spawning from Evil Huts. So no one is jumping to those towers and attacking me with their flame attack. Blaah. IMHO Arret Plateau is actually easier without those nasty little teleporting *******.

Halls Of Pain: Zakarums. Those are propably the last monsters I would take out of their original map. They truly belong to act3. In my opinion.

Last thing, but not least: Icy Cellar had Claw Vipers. Shouldn't these things remotely remind us about snakes ? Last time I checked snakes don't like cold places too much, maybe that's why they are so pissed :P
Why not just make Act2 monsters random too and put some Frozen Scourges to Dry Hills ?

What kind of monsters randomization would please me then ?

1. Well, don't mix monsters between acts
2. Don't break theme that the map has, i.e. Frozen Scourges belong to Ice Caves.
3. Make Immunities more random
4. If monsters really need to mixed between acts make it so that if player who makes the game has killed for example Baal gets totally random monsters and others don't

Don't do just anything in the name of making game harder and preventing "runs".
Frankly, instead of throwing random mobs from other acts into A5, I'd rather they have brought back monsters from D1. I know they said they weren't going to do new graphics etc., but this would just be a minor update of old ones. Plenty of D1 monsters would be interesting in A5. Need ranged attackers? Advocates. Ice themed? How about Frozen Chargers? Tough melee with high regen? Bring back the gargoyles. Obliv knights lost a lot of their role in A4...why not put original stat ones in A5? The only place reptilian monsters would make sense is in WSK, and quill rats? Those just don't need to be there...if you want a poison ranged attack, how about the acid dogs from D1?

There's just so much unmined potential here; I've seen modders bring back many D1/Hellfire monsters, or make "evil" versions of some of the other models in the game; rogue mercs, golems, spirit wolves, grizzly bears, werewolves, werebears, etc. I hope Bliz could see fit to benefit from this sort of creativity rather than just pull illogical switcharoos.

I'm thinking I should put this on the b.net boards, too, so sayeth The Hermit.

"Not all martyrs see divinity, but at least you tried." Tool - Eulogy
Dahij,Jul 13 2003, 04:17 PM Wrote:I have no problem with Lashers, those are Act5 monsters and fit in theme. But Quill Rats, please ...

IMHO Arret Plateau is actually easier without those nasty little teleporting *******.

Halls Of Pain: Zakarums. Those are propably the last monsters I would take out of their original map. They truly belong to act3. In my opinion.

2. Don't break theme that the map has, i.e. Frozen Scourges belong to Ice Caves.
I know. I've said before if the Barbarians of Harrogath are having difficulty erradicating a Quill Rat infestation problem then that's not saying much for their m4d warrior skillz.

I do like that Arreat Plateau and Frozen Tundra don't always have the Imps. Frankly, I never play either area because of those buggers, so at least for me this opens up at least two more map areas.

Zakarums in Act 2 is wrong, just wrong.

I haven't seen a single Frozen Scourge in Act 5 so far. It's always skeleton mages or vipers. I miss the ice things. :(

I thought they were just going to randomize the creatures in Act 5, which would make more sense.

Rogues have no business being in Arreat Plateau, Fetishes have no business being in Halls of Pain, and Oblivion Knights have no business being in the Throne of Destruction. This is just wacky.
Quote:I haven't seen a single Frozen Scourge in Act 5 so far. It's always skeleton mages or vipers. I miss the ice things.

Actually these were present when I went through Crystalline Passage, Clacial Trail, Driftern Cavern and Icy Cellar. Can't ramember which one was where, but there was nice suprise I really liked: Minotaur type monsters in Icy Cellar. One can no longer make pure fire sorc and go for Halls of Pain/Clacial Trail runs.

Btw. by referring to Frozen Scourges I mean the monster type, not specific "Frozen Scourge" monster. Just checked AS, its called Frozen Horror...

In 1.09 I have been one of those who won't get Baal Quest in order to keep Conqueror title and solo in act5 in 8-player games. No Hell cows for me.

In 1.10 I take Hell difficulty as a luxyry, most likely I won't party at least for "Boss drop quests", but maybe for exp runs for the act I am currently in. We shall see. Okay, now I need more beer, and my previously untwinked Barbarian is messed because I started playing around with drop mod which leveled him from 58->70 in couple of games. Let's see what bash can do with a new char.. :D

Oh, and btw., if you ever wondered: Tiara is an exception item according to Blizz, I just upgraded my Kira's Guardian from Tiara -> Diadem.
Dahij,Jul 13 2003, 06:11 PM Wrote:Actually these were present when I went through Crystalline Passage, Clacial Trail, Driftern Cavern and Icy Cellar.
Crystalline Passage seems to have a recurring theme of skeleton mages and vipers for me. Frozen River... oi. Every time I go down there it's Gloams and Succubi. It's just an onslaught of Lightning and Blood Stars thrown at you as soon as you enter there. They really make you work for those resists. >_<
Here is what I don't understand. To get a small rejuvination, you put in a chipped gem and three blues, three reds.

You can't use a flawed, or a regular, only a chipped.

What was the point of that? This is a zero value added administrative detail for making purple potions.

I am perplexed at how that adds any value or challenge to the game.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jul 13 2003, 09:58 PM Wrote:I am perplexed at how that adds any value or challenge to the game.
It's not supposed to add any value or challenge into the game, it's just so no one will make tons of rejuvs with the now buyable mana potions.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
But, partial rejuvs are dropping like rain. First time in Normal my char has had a belt filled with Full Rejuvs... :blink:
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]