Crafted item level requirements in 1.10
It seems that Blizzard did not change the way crafted item level requirements are calculated. I only tried Blood rings and amulets, if Blood ring gets 6% manaleech the level requirement will be 96. :angry:
The % of mana leech eventually becomes moot. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Did you actually make one, Dahij?

The patch readme states that no items with level requirements over 99 will be created. Whether that is just a cap on the existing system or if they've changed the way level requirements are calculated at higher levels would be interesting to know
>>>Whether that is just a cap on the existing system or
>>>if they've changed the way level requirements are
>>>calculated at higher levels would be interesting to know

It seems that the way how the level requirement for a crafted item is calculated has not changed - with one exception: There is a maximum cap of 98 now.

cu
Oh well, I guess we'll still be getting a fair few useless crafts then :lol:

plus ca change
Well, with the new experience nerf, I think we'll actually be getting more unuseable Crafts...unless someone has the patience to level to 90+ ;)
Brista,Jul 18 2003, 08:50 PM Wrote:Did you actually make one, Dahij?
Yes I did.

Raven Hold
ring
required level 96
+1 maximum damage
6% mana stolen per hit
1% life stolen per hit
+1 strenght
+8 energy
+19 life
lightning resist 29%

10-11% Lifeleech rings got level requirement of 87
+2 skills amulets still got level requirement of 89
lame item nerfs. By the time you're level 90+, you shouldn't be needing +2 skills, and you should be doing so much damage that even a low leech is more than enough... You gotta wonder what the heck those guys in charge of "balancing" the game are smoking.
Well, it seems that they did not think about it too much and just fixed level requirements that would be over 100.

I can't seem to be able to find crafted item level formula anywhere, but what comes to blood rings nice craft would be 9%/5% ll/ml ring as level requirement would no be too high for 1.10. Life leech would have to be 6%+3% automod.
Dahij,Jul 20 2003, 04:38 PM Wrote:I can't seem to be able to find crafted item level formula anywhere
It's here:
http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/craft.html

Crafting has had an odd history. I really liked it in 1.08. They then apparently decided it was over-powered for the availability and removed the greater crafts and the class crafts.

As for the formula for calculating affix levels I find it utterly bizarre that you are more likely to get Godly or Cruel on Hand Axes or Boots than you are on Tomahawks or Wyrmhide Boots. This is because the better the base item the more it gets penalised with regards to the affixes that can show up. That has to be the wrong way round, doesn't it? :blink: :blink: :unsure: :unsure:

Incidentally, has anyone tried upgrading a craft with the rares upgrade formula? It might not work of course but crafts are counted as rares for some purposes. If it did work then the way to get a Cruel might be to craft a Large Axe for instance with your highest level character then upgrade
Brista,

See my post on CubeMain.txt. Crafted and Rare items are different to the cube ("rar" and "crf"). Short answer is, no they don't work, but can be modded.
Francois

"Go now and sin no more." - John 8:11

All technical links have been removed from this signature, until definitive 1.10 data becomes available.
Read some Tales from Sanctuary lately?
All my characters are simply Red on Europe and at home, see them here.
1% life leech? Bah! :D I think that's a rather crappy mod for such a high level item.
But the concept of duel leech rings is nice. I never really got to enjoy them as I came in the game rather late. But still, I guess something is better than nothing.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)