Breakign Immunities
Is it possible to make a monster become vunerable to a certian element/type of attack in ways other than lowerresist/conviction?

For instance, say a monster has 110% lit resist

I've i'm using 3 lit facet jewels giving me -9% monster lit resist, and the thunder javalin that gives -15% resist, will that bring the monster to only 86% immunity?

What's the best way to break immunities?
Cold mastery doesn't break immunities. AFAIK, items with -% enemy resistance use the same sort of property as cold mastery, so they wouldn't break immunities, either.

I think LR and conviction are the only ways to break elemental immunities, while amp damage and decrepify are the only ways to break physical immunity.

EDIT:

Testing confirmed this. I modded a quill rat in normal to have 100% cold resistance. With some points in frozen orb and cold mastery, the quill rats didn't lose any life at all after many hits. I then also used a modded cube recipe to give my weapon -255% enemy cold resistance. Again, the quill rats were completely impervious to frozen orb damage. If they had been in the least bit affected by the cold mastery or the modded weapon, they would have died instantly.
Look at d2data on for example Frozen Horror subtype.

That one has 190 cold resist, with capped conviction (150%) and say slvl 20 LR (62%) you'd lower immunity resist by (150+62)/4= 53 points only, making it still have 137% cold resist.
where does the divide by 4 part come in? THis some new hell poop that they're throwing at us? LR and conviction don't work as well anymore?
That should be divide by 5, AFAIK. Conviction and LR work at their listed values against non-immunes, but get reduced to 1/5 their listed values against immunes.
decrepify and amp damage work in the same manner as well right? (or is it just a straight subtraction?)
I think amp is a straight -100 subtraction.

( edit: you know what I mean - subtracts 100 from physical resistance, not subtracts -100 ;-) )
You don't know what you're talking about.
Yeah, it probably was said to be 5 before. Looking through the latest patch changes I only find this though, oh joy for details:

Quote:Lower Resist and Conviction skills now work properly against immune monsters.
AFAIK, amp and decrepify also get the 1/5 vs. immune penalty.

The knowledge that it's 1/5 came just from reading posts. I should test it sometime (unless someone else does it for me first).
I'm playing a Necro in 1.10 Hell and it's very noticeable that Amp has a diminished effect against PIs

Looks to me as if the 20% effectiveness vs PIs is happening
I've confirmed the 1/5 thing.

A -150% conviction was able to break 129% elemental immunity, but not 130%.
A -100% amplify damage was able to break 119% physical immunity, but not 120%.
A -52% lower resists was able to break 109% elemental/poison immunity, but not 110%.
A -50% decrepify was able to break 109% physical immunity, but not 110%.

These numbers are all consistent with the idea that the effect is reduced to 1/5 against immunes.