Your first good unique or set item?
I found my first unique today that was good in Bonesnap (I'm going to make a whole barb just for this weapon) and was curious what your first good unique or set item was?

And also, out of curiosity, according to people who have played the game for a while, what is the best item overall (if possible)? If that's too broad a question, then what is the best overall item for a barbarian or at least I'd appreciate a link to this info (I didn't see anything on the LL main page, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough ;)). Thanks.
The best item to play the game with is that squishy grey thing between your ears.

The game is very much about what you have equipped, but a lot depends on what you want to do. Dual-weilding Gulls will find a lot more Unique/Set/Rare items than your Bonesnap, they just won't kill as quick. :)

-rcv-
My first good uniq was cloudcrack/SoJ (found both at the same time) and i think the best item for barb would be dual weild grandfathers/honor colosuss. or IK set. your choice.

typo
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
I would hesitate to say one best item, but I would call Vampire Gaze, one of the best(and now it can even be ungraded to elite).
i HAVE A BONESNAP AND I HONESTLY DONT THINK THAT IT IS THAT GOOD OF A WEPON BECUSE IT IS 2 HANDED AND YOU CAN FIND BETTER 2HANDED SWORDS THAT U CAN USE 1 HANDES SO THAT U CAN DO MORE DAMAGE

THATS JUST MY OPINION
they say be healthy live long hell with that ill day anyways ya got a beer and some steak

[Image: singnateure.gif]
Quote:Dual-weilding Gulls will find a lot more Unique/Set/Rare items than your Bonesnap, they just won't kill as quick.

:o

I forgot about Gulls having MF, lol (my memory is very horrible). I've never found one of those, so I guess that's why I wouldn't remember ;)
>nit< It would be pink until it was not between his ears for awhile, and then would fade to grey.

There are so many good items and v1.10 adds even more. As you appear to favor two-handed mauls, you might want to compare the Bonesnap to the Immortal King's Stone Crusher (set item) which only gets better as you accumulate more items in that set.

Edit: Now I remember, my first unique ever was a "Soulflay" sword dropped by Mephisto normal. I was playing a sword barb at the time and so I was pretty excited.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:4) Please post in real English. If English is not your first language (or even if it is *cough*), we do not mind spelling or grammatical errors...we do not mind typos from anyone either. However, we do not appreciate '|337 5|o33|<' or any unnecessary shortenings of English words - common abbreviations such as 'lvl' or 'dmg' are fine though. If you do not follow this rule, you will be flamed or ignored completely.

Quote:10) Please do not make your title in ALL CAPS, or even worse your entire message. This is the equivilent to shouting, and many of us have sensitive ears.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
:blink: Thats a pretty tall order.
Way back in D2C, I think the first unique I found was the unique Falchion. Name escapes me at the moment...
And there's always that proud moment when you find your first 1.1 unique, which for me was the unique Bone Visage.
First unique: Blood Crescent (scimitar)

@Brinson, the Falchion is Gleamscythe

As for the lost soul 36 or whoever you are: why are you here?

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
A good barb armor is the corpsemourne if you don't use the IK set. i found it very good. And if you are going polarm the Pierre Tombale Couant. Its stats are the following:
Two-Hand Damage: (103-124) To (217.6-263.2) (160.3-193.6 Avg)
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 113
Required Dexterity: 67
Durability: 65
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+160-220% Enhanced Damage(varies)
Adds 12-20 Damage
55% Deadly Strike
+100-200 To Attack Rating(varies)
+3 To Barbarian Skill Levels
6% Mana Stolen Per Hit
30% Faster Hit Recovery
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
I started quite some time ago but my favourite item back then was Vidala's Fetlock. Now I prefer Sander's Boots B)
Quote:I started quite some time ago but my favourite item back then was Vidala's Fetlock. Now I prefer Sander's Boots
Yes those are good boots but they are not as good as War Traveler, Sandstorm Trek, Marrowwalk, Shadow Dancer, Gore Rider, or Infernostride. i find these will be to you likings then Sanders or Vidala's. Each one of these are good but they are better compared to what else you wear. :) So be weary when picking your boots. :D
First 1.10 unique (that I actually used) was pus spitter for my blade fury assn (Yay for lower damage & max venom). She also found a howltusk not too soon after, but I'd really need to get blade shield to a decent duration to celebrate that find.
I recently found a hexfire (unique shamshir) for my barb (who was at the point poking evrything to death with a 20-28 damage sword), couldn't believe my luck. Definitely best find i ever had, esp. with my lv 24 sword mastery....
One by one the penguins steal my sanity.......
Well my first character picked up the Felloak Club in Act 1 Normal and waved that thing around proudly . . . until Act 3. :unsure: I killed Duriel with Felloak, using Thorns and no attack skill. :lol:

Fangskin dropped the Unique Kite Shield for that though. I was so happy. :lol:

The first Unique I found in 1.10 was the Unique Russet Armour in Hell Lower Kurast. It's too heavy for that Necro, but at least it has trade value and it also happens to be the heaviest unique armour I found too (my luck is with helmets, weapons and belts).
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
In 1.09 the best item I ever got was a +2 babo dual leech craft amulet. From monsters I got a Doombringer, but that was just about it. Oh, I got a Stormshield once too.

In 1.10, after 30+ hours playing I got a Rockfleece armor LMAO. Upgraded it to sharktooth armor and gave to merc. LOL.
Wapptor,Jul 17 2003, 01:22 AM Wrote:First unique: Blood Crescent (scimitar)
Heh, that was my first unique as well. The first flying scimitar I encountered dropped it :D

My Sorceress is still using it. I hope finding a nice orb won't take too long.
IIRC that was my first unique too. :lol:

-Bob