Smiter Guides
I'm trying to build a smiter paladin, however few of my friends seem to know much about them. I've only been able to find one guide on diabloii.net...and it was not really what I was looking for. Does anyone know of any decent guides out there (hopefully written by someone in the legit community) that detail a good way to make a smiter (vindicator)? Or if you have your own advice that is also appreciated. Thanks for the help.

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
I can point you to a couple of 1.09 posts over at the Basin Paladin room:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...=ST&f=99&t=9172

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=99&t=14137

You can also search the old Lounge forums. Go to the faq and follow the links there

Don't forget to write it up for us as you try it out :)
Neat to see my pseudo-guide being linked ^.^
One day i'm going to have to write up the full thing...
No, there was little purpose to this post other than vanity ^.~
Winter,Jul 19 2003, 10:49 PM Wrote:No, there was little purpose to this post other than vanity ^.~
Well actually yes there was

It gives me a chance to nag you:

Quote:One day i'm going to have to write up the full thing...

What better build to master 1.10 with and what better time to show off your expertise?

Go on, you know you want to :D
Brista,Jul 20 2003, 02:46 AM Wrote:What better build to master 1.10 with and what better time to show off your expertise?

Go on, you know you want to  :D
Maybe, but i've found Smiters require at least a small infusion of gear to be effective. Not that you can't no-twink a Smiter (for a while i played more or less every single variant in the game, and it's doable) it's just slow. It's like if there was a build that relied on the highest def barb helms dropping... just not that effective.

Secondly, and more to the point, i haven't Smited in so long i've forgotten most of what i knew. Besides, i don't really think Smite is my best build (though i guess i wouldn't be surprised if i have the most Smite m4d5k1llz out there) and mostly i don't think Smite is viable past NM without a party anymore- not without a serious dosage of high power gear, at least.

But what the hell, maybe i'll give 'er a whirl.
Well, I posted about this before, I made a Thornsdin Smiter. Interesting combination, to say the least. I decked him out in every single piece of "X% chance to cast Y when struck" armour/weapon I could find. He managed to kill Baal with a little difficulty, but overall, I don't think he'll make it past Nightmare Act 3. He could, but at great difficulty. :P Besides which his merc is a fireball Jarulf from Act 3. Just to round out the elements(frost nova and nova/charged bolts from the chance to cast items)