Notice about cloak of shadows
When i made a test char, i was suprised to discover that it gains in duration per point invested. No longer fixed at a paltry 8 seconds. You get a extra second per level attained.

Neither the arreat summit or the 1.10 list of changes shows this.
...And then you may actually have something. That is, why darken everyone else's screen? I never, ever, ever use this otherwise handy skill because it's so dern annoying in parties. :(
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Seriously, the only ones whining are those who are too silly to target things with a big white patch of smoke above their heads. :P Sure, bosses and champs are unaffected, but then again, all you need to do is highlight the boss, hold down your attack button, and you'll be hitting them again! :P And if it didn't darken other peoples' screens, it wouldn't be a "Cloak" now would it? :lol: What would have been more interesting, IMO, would have been the ability to "move" the CoS with you, sort of like a Barbarian's shouts. That way, it becomes a castable "aura"(again, Barbarian's shouts) Would make more sense to have the effect centred on the Assassin rather than the spot she cast it at... Maybe by giving her the same smokey "marker" as creatures affected by the CoS, so that you'd know when it runs out(some places are either so dark or so bright that CoS doesn't make much diff)
Well I side with the annoyed. It hurts tactical terrain strategies, and makes targeting ranged attacks more difficult. Plus it always surprises me and that's annoying too.

Bleah. <_<

(A toggle in the preferences, mebbee?)
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
For me it depends on the build

If I'm Frenzying with the auto-target I love it.

If I'm trying to spot things to Fireball them or something it's a pain

I've tried it a little in 1.10 and it is now more party-friendly

Firstly because it's darker. Cloak actually lights up monsters that you had no idea were there and leaves them lit. It even lights up bosses although it doesn't blind them

Next everyone's to hit improves. It's now a percentage

And lastly it boosts defence. I'm not really sure but I'm guessing this is everyone's defence, the way Shout does. Not a big number but nice

I wonder if anyone will try a Defiant merc Cloaksin.............
It boosts defense? O.o

IIRC, it always reduced enemy defense by a %. About 21% at level 1, if memory serves.
Brista,Jul 18 2003, 09:36 PM Wrote:I wonder if anyone will try a Defiant merc Cloaksin.............
Hehe, already have (kind of. Heres the good thing ... dragon talon! With boot damage now, and it is increased with strength these two work very well together (And having 400 damage for 6 mana versus andariel in noral is nice) I've maxxed out talon, and will max out venom. Will need some points in master and death sentry also. Should work out nice, it is going well so far.
whyBish,Jul 19 2003, 05:10 AM Wrote:With boot damage now
What do you mean? Did Blizzard finally added a damage base to boots to work with assassin kicks?

And if so, can +ed% can be spawned on the boots now and/or ed% from other items give a boost to the boots damage?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Jul 19 2003, 12:17 PM Wrote:What do you mean? Did Blizzard finally added a damage base to boots to work with assassin kicks?
They sure did :)

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=20#entry20188
Ya I searched a little and found that out, but does +ed% on the boots/ any other item can increase that base damage?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
From gut feeling on what I've tried, ed% on weapon does not transfer to boot damage (havent tried tiger strike).

Dragon Talon seems to beat out dragon flight since it's enhanced boot damage is multiplied by the number of kicks. The quick number of kicks means multiple fast applications of things like venom!

It takes all cast/leech attributes. I'm using a dual leech wand (1-4 dmg lol) n one weapon switch, doing 600 odd damage for 6 mana leeching way more life and mana than I need.

%dmg versus undead does not seem to work. I have had angelic sickle drop twice so far and both times that I have tried it I have noticed no difference (It may be that it adds into the formula in a strange way).

The perfect weapon for a dragon talon assn would be a rare katar with amp dmg, and mana leech (hopefully life leech also) This would allow the use of a claw without points in dex (so strength can be pumped for damage)

It really makes smite look lame, but I wont say that too loud in case I give Warblade another headache ;)
Smite looks sad enough on it's own to the point where I'm seldom bothering to use it. Kicks "making smite look lame" is like looking at a half rotten horse carcass and yelling, "Nya Ha! I'm slightly faster than you!"

The general reaction to that is, "Er, yes." :huh:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Why bother with strength? As a kicksin, the only strength you should look for will be armour requirements. Str and Dex add equally to kick damage, and dex has the bonus of upping your DR/AR(not that you can't compensate a little with CoS...) and Block.
It no longer darkens allies' screens as of 1.1
Nebuul,Jul 20 2003, 03:31 PM Wrote:It no longer darkens allies' screens as of 1.1
It does, but most of the times it's hardly noticable because the CoS effect (on the monsters) produces so much light you'll think it's 4tf of july.
AtomicKitKat,Jul 21 2003, 04:29 AM Wrote:Why bother with strength? As a kicksin, the only strength you should look for will be armour requirements. Str and Dex add equally to kick damage, and dex has the bonus of upping your DR/AR(not that you can't compensate a little with CoS...) and Block.
Check the formula given by Ruvanal... str&dex and skill bonus affect the base damage, but the boot damage is only affected by strength and the skill bonus. I made a spreadsheet, and dex does almost nothing compared with strength (especially as you upgrade your boot damage).

Hence if you want a claw at all you don't want to put any points in dex if at all possible. 2nd, dragon talon (as opposed to flight?) offers massive A.R. bonus, I have about 2k AR at level 40 or so, and that is only with one item that adds 100 odd A.R.