Ignore resists?
Both Fist of Heaven and Blessed Hammer have the text "Ignores the resistances of Undead and Demons", and Holy Bolt "Ignores the resistance of Undead". Any clue what this amounts to in actual game terms?
Holy Bolt: Ignores Magic Resistance
FoH: Ignores Magic Resistance
Hammer: Ignores Magic Resistance (presumably - I haven't checked it)

You surprised me with the "Demon" comment associated with FoH there. I checked against Lightning Immune Demons and they're as Lightning Immune as ever against FoH, so I don't know what that's about. :huh:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I wonder if its when considering monsters with lightning resistance, but not imunity. And conviction nulls lit imunity. So with conviction and foh, a demon with 95% lit resistance maybe is considered 0?
I wonder if sanctuary has a similar tag, maybe that's why when using it versus physically immune undead (like wraiths) it still takes them down so quickly.
USEast *ghost-70
Over at d2.net they found that sanctuary does a special divine damage to undead, setting their physical resistance to 0 and thusly allowing you to hit and leech from them with physical attacks. Beside adding huge damage towards undead, and the knockback pulses around you.
ghost70,Jul 19 2003, 10:06 PM Wrote:I wonder if sanctuary has a similar tag, maybe that's why when using it versus physically immune undead (like wraiths) it still takes them down so quickly.
really? i must be real stupid, cause i tested it in arcane sanctuary in hell, and with 20 skillpoints it did nothing.

but then again the same applies to max+synergy+conc blessed hammer, barely damages the buggers.