teleporting barbarians?
Enigma 3 Socket Body Armor Jah + Ith + Ber +2 To All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 To Teleport
+757 Defense
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) +1-74.25 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced By 8%
+14 Life After Each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+ (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

Did they mean to type (sorceress only) next to +1 teleport, or can I really make a teleporting singing barbarian?
The teleport will be useable to anyone wearing the armor.
Yes, you can make a teleporting Barbarian.

Hell, for those runes, you should be allowed to make a teleporting tribble if you like, so sayeth The Hermit.

"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment." Tool - Parabola
Yes, for one of the very hard to make new runes any class can teleport.

There are more items that allow "borrowed" skills in a more useful way than charges. Any class equipped with WidowMaker ward bow can shoot Guided Arrow. Any class equipped with Call to Arms can cast 3 war cries, including Battle Command and Battle Orders.

An interesting rune word is Passion (Dol Ort Eld Lem) which is very easy to make and goes in any 4 socket weapon. It includes +1 Berserk and +1 Zeal two skills that can be effective even at low levels with the right weapon.

These skills can be added to by + All Skills, so even level 1 Zeal can be increased to maximum targets.
KS
very interesting... +1 to teleport. I love playing the barb and sorc because they can get places very fast. Like maggot lair, arcane, river, etc...

clvl would be 65 right? That's no fun.
Because of the Jah, Enigma requires level 65.
I noted in the Maggot Lair, there is a slight bug in Enigma. It causes an Assertion Failure (crash) on the game host, it you try to equip it on an Act2 merc. I haven't tested it with other mercs yet.

I'm finding it great to have it equipped on my Amazon, though. Teleport is great for pulling your stupid merc out of trouble before he gets greased. :)

A wonderful Runeword for the Act2 merc's weapon is turning out to be Crescent Moon. The 20% chance of casting level 13 Static Field on striking is nice for a non-Sorcerer.

Once these new Runeword items start to get around, Hell is going to be a cakewalk.

-rcv-
channel1,Jul 19 2003, 08:09 PM Wrote:It causes an Assertion Failure (crash) on the game host
Are you using an editor?
Are you using an editor?

Nope, I'm deliberately doing everything "legit".
I generated all items through backup & restore of the characters. It took a looong time to get my Rune-Zod character filled up, but when I did, all of the items had been derived normally within the game.
I don't THINK that there is an identifier on Runes (or Gems or Gold) to detect duplicate items.

-rcv-
This item is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

[me=rant]If 1.10 is anything like the beta, then it's going further into item dependency than it was. The way to fix it isn't to break it again. I think the items should be toned down a bit and skills should be more emphasized. When you can get a class exclusive skills like teleport on a Necro, or Berserk on a Paladin, then you know the items are grossly overpowered. Double the gross factor since those skills are affected by + to skills on items, which can now get as high as +5 on a single item. No thanks, Blizzard.[/rant]

B)
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]