Enigma Runeword on Merc crashes Host
I've been testing Runeword equipment on Mercs. Here is a solid crash.

Using my level 67 Amazon, with a level 65 Act 2 Merc (Might aura), equipping the Merc with Enigma armor (Embossed plate) causes an assertion failure on the host.

The host can be local or remote. The alert box says:

Assertion Failure
Expression: ptClient !=NULL

Note that this armor works fine on my Amazon. I tested with the merc having helm and weapon equipped, and with no other items equipped. Other Runewords (armor, weapons and helms) have worked fine with this merc so far.

I have not tested with mercs from other acts at this time.

I have NOT reported this on the Battlenet site. They have 54 pages in the [ D2 Patch 1.10 PC Bug Reports ] forum, and Search seems to be disabled. :S Besides, I don't really want to post with the name of one of my existing accounts. Haxxor bait, eh? :) If someone wants to post this there, please do.

-rcv-
I have encountered a similar issue while trying to equip a unique balrog blade on my merc, which gives +18 inferno to characters.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...=17737&linear=0

I get the assertion error:

Expression: ptClient != NULL

So it seems the 2 are related, and the only thing that conencts them is the + to an unnatural skill. So my previous guess about unnatural skills being the culprit seems correct. Someone should test is this applies to all such items. Hopefully, this is the case, since then at least we know what to fix.
i wasn't able to even fully finish the enigma (and some others, including breath of the dying) runeword with an amazon, it crashed when i tried to insert the last rune.
it crashed when i tried to insert the last rune.

Either the item was "old" (pre-whatever version stuff can mess up), or your runes were created with an editor, which I hear causes problems. I made all my runes manually, and they work fine.

-rcv-
The runes created with Shadow Master seem to give crashes; the Jamella seems to be doing fine.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=9&t=1382