Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band now has +2 to skills
Yeah, but such a focused myopic character could never leave town. The percentage increase past twenty looks as if it is 2% per level (or maybe even more diminishing returns), so for the cost of that additional ~210% life you could certainly find better life garnering gear. So, humor me. As a test, take a lvl 99 barbarian fully twinked with as much of the gear you suggest, and venture out to kill Shenk in Act 5 hell.

I was playing around with some uber twinked lvl 99 paladins last night, and man, you need to have developed some skills before you just jump out of an act 5 waypoint. Any weakness is immediately revealed. With all the twinked gear I had on, I had a mere 10 fire resist, and was soon staring blank eyed at my toasted swarmed body wondering "How in the heck will I retrieve that?"
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

And the +8-13 for a barb is only +3. Same with trangs fireball on a sorc, the sorc gets +3 not the +18. The big bonuses are for classes that can't naturally have the skill and they become +3 for the class that can naturally have the skill.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
On a barbarian, it has +2 skills and +3 BO.

Barbs can have dual +5 Call to Arms weapons and a better hat (as well as 20 base skill points in BO).
Other characters could have a +15 Call to Arms weapon but would be limited to +1 shields.

Note, also, that barbarian hats can have base +3 BO and can get +2 all from the Delerium runeword, for a total of +5.
Call to Arms adds +2 skill AND 5-15 BO for nonbarbs only. Barbs will get only +3 BO instead of 5-15 when he uses Call to Arms. When I tried on two Call to Arms on a barb, he received only +7 to BO, meaning that the second Call to Arms does not add a further +3 BO. Is that too difficult to understand?

In any case, if dual wielding Call to Arms really gives barbs the full bonus, the max would be at least 81 (or 84 with battle command and skill shrine) so your values are still wrong anyway.

An echoing barb helm can get a theoretical +3 warcries and +3 BO as inherent.

Quote:Yeah, but such a focused myopic character could never leave town. The percentage increase past twenty looks as if it is 2% per level (or maybe even more diminishing returns), so for the cost of that additional ~210% life you could certainly find better life garnering gear. So, humor me. As a test, take a lvl 99 barbarian fully twinked with as much of the gear you suggest, and venture out to kill Shenk in Act 5 hell.
I don't need a lvl 99 test barb for it. My 1.09 bow barb uses gear like that (just need 8 more charms and an upgrade from a +4 helm) and kills just fine. A better build could easily be some big cruel elite weapon with a +8 BO weapon switch... gloves can provide the leech. Killing rate will be slower, but a barb like that will survive and can give his party members a good solid BO and shout. It never hurts to have more life and mana, especially in hardcore.
Kao:

If you had bothered to read the entire string of posts, as I did, and if you had bothered to consider what a number of intelligent and thoughtful posters had presented, that the Barbarian and other classes got different bonuses from the same item, you would understand why your two posts were based on your misunderstanding, or failing to read, what the gentlemen and ladies above us had posted, which is why I drew you attention to the posts "above." In case you were wondering, that refers to posts made before yours and mine, both.

How hard is that to understand?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
*digs up his Druid info*

+3 Elemental pelt, with +3 Armageddon = +6
+4 from two Bul-Kathos' = +10
+3 elemental amulet = +13
+3 elemental club = +16
+2 Arkaine's Valor = +18
+1 Shield = +19
+1 Fire Skills on Magefist = +20
+10 from Elemental skills charms = +30
+20 skillpoints = 50

So in theory, you could have a level 50 fire skill as a Druid.
See you in Town,
-Z
Use an Earth Shifter instead of the club and shield. It has +7 elemental skills.

Then there's still the missing Arachnid Mesh and Annihilus for another +2.

Looks to me like 55 would be the current theoretical maximum for fire skills from just equipment.
Ah, thanks. I'm not up to date on the new equipment. So 55, hm? Factor in a skill shrine and a Battle Command.... wow.
See you in Town,
-Z
hm... with these one could possibly take on hell players8 solo...

Looks like d2 is moving to becoming more and more item dependant.