New look for sanctuary?
For fun i tried to make an undead slaying paladin test char and check how cleansing worked with it, and i was quite suprised. As i saw something new i definitely DONT recall seeing before with the skill. When i went out in the blood moor with the skill active, maxed sacrifice, zeal, cleansing and sanctuary..i had to look twice, for all around the paladin. Not just the aura under him, but in the entire aura radius there were myriads of tiny sparkles showing. It was quite suprising. And as soon undead walked into my marked 'turf', the aura flared and knocked them back. Imo its useless to invest in cleansing, as it only boosts the damage pulses of the aura, and those are miniscule even with max skillpoints allocated.

I would really like some comments on this, but im pretty sure this is a new thing in 1.10.
It's been there since the 1.01 (I didn't really play 1.00 since 1.01 was released the day before the game came out). But since not many people used that aura not many people knew. Just like the single resist aura (cold, fire and lightning) I had seen them in so long that I forgot what they looked like when I saw them again. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
:lol: That's been the graphic since 1.00! :lol: How many years is that now? :P
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I feel stupid now, but ive never seen that before!
Even in 1.05 I managed to get some hilarious reactions. :lol: I've seen everything from assertions of map bugs to monster effects to level-specific special effects, while I had a Paladin standing right there at the epicentre of the effect.

Similarly, most people don't recognize Resist Cold either. ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
It looks very pretty in the Arcane Sanctuary :)
Quote: And as soon undead walked into my marked 'turf', the aura flared and knocked them back.
'

Cleansing knocked it back? I thought cleansing only reduced curse and poison duration!?

?
Refrigerator,Jul 20 2003, 04:27 PM Wrote:'

Cleansing knocked it back?  I thought cleansing only reduced curse and poison duration!?

?
No Sanctuary

He's talking about using Cleansing with the Undead slaying skills
Well, that just proves how many people have used Sanctuary. Even I didn't know what it looked like until just a few days ago when I tried it just to see what it was like on my Conviction using Paladin. I think the same can be said for Blade Sentinel, Grim Ward, and Cleansing. :lol:
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
Kinda ironic that one of the best looking skills is one of the most rarely used. Though ill say that blizzard goofed up majorly with making skillls which such limited application. Why should people take them at all, since there is general skills that does the job better? Instead of such too narrowly specialized ones. The same can be said about the entire defensive skilltree, you loose out on offense if you dont use an offensive aura...where fanatisism and conviction is the big hitters. Hard to get around them in any way.

What they should do is to offer something substantial to make you choose a limited aura or skill. I am thinking especially about Holy Bolt, where in the screenshot teaser it did around 5500 damage with both synergies, and healed around 500 with synergy for a LOW mana cost. Now that was something worth considering, if you could be able to gun down undead so easilly. Blizzard did say that undeadslaying skills would be worth having in 1.10. But im disheartened by how nerfed holy bolt seems in the 1.10 beta, compared to the teaser screenshot, where it in beta only gets 17% increased magic damage, compared to 50% per synergy point in the teaser, and reaches around 1200 damage and 150 healing, patethic. I really hope its an old beta version we have gotten, that perhaps was a stable version, but still bugged alot. And i thought a holy bolter would be a real blessing for a party if he could smash up undead, thinking oblivion knights, and heal members. As 1.10 is so party oriented, and about 5500 damage per shot, should be what is needed to get the edge on hell difficulty. The gain should be worth the tradeoff to invest in a limited skill, to make it viable, instead of a fringe build for those who is bored with the game.
i agree. there was no point in reducing holy bolts damage or doubling the mana cost.

i still have to try it out at high level though.