Begun foul delays!
I recently installed 1.10 beta (as long with D2 and LoD as well :D ) and even though the synergies (especially to low level skills) allow for greater diversity in skull usage there are some skills that have delays that simply RUIN them.

One of those skills is shockweb, with a damage, accuracy (one of the most annoying things about this skill is that if you actually target a monster most likely NONE of the spikes will land close enough to him to make the damage) and duration that can be compared to Increase Stamina's usefulness the thing that totally makes this skill from being somewhat viable is a 1 second delay destroying any attempt to make a build utilising this skill a fast cast caster...

That is just en example and there are a lot of skills like this (A lot in the Druid's elemental tree making only Tornado and Twister [I think they have delays too] viable second damage skills) that by a completely useless delay (Yep, shockweb have such a graphical impact on computers that having 3 of these at one time will totally ruin FPS, traps, by the way, with all their attacks going anywhere with huge range and astounding graphics, do not).

Why can't Blizzard lift this stupid delays? Make the cast rate very very small as far as I am concerned as long as you could have a chance (with the right equiqment) to get a cast rate of more than the cast rate with the skill delay...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I didn't know SW had a delay. It should definitely lose the delay. Ditto for Blade Sentinel too... It's not like you can have more than a couple of them up at a time anyway(except in 1.10, in which case, you could probably have about 3 up at a time. Whoop de doo! A WHOLE EXTRA BLADE SENTINEL! (/sarcasm))
Fire blast is now just about usable in hell as a primary attack. And it's ridiculously fun to use. Shockweb seems like its electric cousin, and would be lots of fun without timer.
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Ignatz,Jul 20 2003, 07:50 PM Wrote:Fire blast is now just about usable in hell as a primary attack. And it's ridiculously fun to use. Shockweb seems like its electric cousin, and would be lots of fun without timer.
Yep, that's the assassin I was going for at first (FB and SW) but because of timer I now use CBS instead of SW

By the way, I just thought of a name to this variant! Since Fire Blast is like Molotov Cocktales and Cocktales = Barman!

The variant name is the Barman! :D
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Quote:The variant name is the Barman!

Methinks I'd opt for "Grenadier"... but there you go.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jul 20 2003, 08:29 PM Wrote:Methinks I'd opt for "Grenadier"... but there you go.
Grenadier is not original :)
Then there's the "Anarchist", the "Terrorist", and maybe, "Electric Spider"(okay, that last one was super lame)
Ignatz,Jul 20 2003, 12:50 PM Wrote:Shockweb seems like its electric cousin, and would be lots of fun without timer.
No, not really. Shockweb already sucked compared to Fire Blast in 1.09, even without a timer.

What killed Shock Web in 1.09 was that it didn't matter that you could throw 3 per second. With Shock Web's 3.6 second duration, it was possible to keep 10 webs at a time all under one monster. Yet those 10 webs did exactly as much damage as just 1 web under that monster.

So when it comes to fighting a single monster, they might as well give a 3.6 second timer on Shock Web, for all the difference it makes. And even without the timer, trying to cover a large AoE with webs thrown to various spots on the screen is pretty much futile, since each web individually has such a small AoE.

- Dagni
Well if you're thinking molotovs why not call him the "wiseguy" or the "gangster" or hell even "vinny goombatz"...

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Wapptor,Jul 20 2003, 11:26 PM Wrote:Well if you're thinking molotovs why not call him the "wiseguy" or the "gangster" or hell even "vinny goombatz"...

-Wapptor
Because I like the Barman damnit!!! :D
So many places to go with it;

Lady Tossalot -- of course there is the cocktail implication

Flaming Rasta -- a cocktail made with Grenadine...

Düsseldorf Rhein Fire -- Pyromaniac cheerleaders...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

TaiDaishar,Jul 20 2003, 08:04 PM Wrote:The variant name is the Barman! :D
Barmaid or bartender please!!! :P
Blind me please,
I am on my hands and knees
I can only pray
Take my sun away, away...