Killing Fetish Shaman bosses
Killed a CE Fetish Shaman (Flayer Shaman, I think, actually). Got the usual Frost Nova. Killed the bottom half (the flayer that's left after killing the shaman), got another one.....Anyone else see this?
--Mav
Unique and SuperUnique Fetish Shamans and Siege Beasts count both parts (Shaman/Fetish or Siege Beast/Imp) as Unique/SU in the beta, all abilities carry over and both drop apropriate items. It seems like a deliberate change but I could be wrong. Thresh Socket looks like a quite good kill for eq with this in mind.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Drops are certainly the same ;), but everytime I've ran into Thresh Socket, the little unique imp he spawns after dying seems to go down in only a few hits. I don't think Thresh imp gains the life increase normally assigned to unique monsters. This leads me to think that it's a bug (?). I'll keep an eye out for unique abilities next time I fight him.
-jms
*hemal2@USEast
I don't think Thresh imp gains the life increase normally assigned to unique monsters. This leads me to think that it's a bug (?).

On a Thresh run I did, I killed all imps before I fought him - when he died, a little imp spawned, even though I'm sure there was no imp on Thresh. And no, Thresh imp does not get the life increase, he dies as easily as normal imps. So, I think it is a bug.

This makes him a good hunt for items, especially since it seems the Arreat Summit waypoint is never far away from the Crystalline Passage entrance. On about 50 runs I've got 2 uniques, 2-3 sets, and often at least 1 rare. Those runs take less than a minute (in Normal, anyways) with a good char. If the two boss drops are a feature, it will be abused for sure.
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Jedi Knight,Jul 25 2003, 02:05 AM Wrote:On a Thresh run I did, I killed all imps before I fought him - when he died, a little imp spawned, even though I'm sure there was no imp on Thresh. And no, Thresh imp does not get the life increase, he dies as easily as normal imps. So, I think it is a bug.
After looking some more I found that when any siege beast dies a new imp is spawned even if the siege beast was already carrying an imp which will exit normally.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->