The Infector of Souls in Hell
I took my trapper into the Hell Chaos Sanctuary tonight. Her main skills are Fire Blast and Lightning Sentry. I cleared the room in a clockwise direction so the seal for the Infector of Souls was the last one I opened. He spawned both Fire and Lightning Immune. (Multishot and Lightning Enchanted too) The only damage I have that isn't fire or lightning comes from the Shadow Master and the Cold Iron Wolf merc.

I had to kill him to continue, so I gave it a shot. But his life regeneration was huge compared to the damage the two could do. I could pin him against a wall with Mind Blast, but they were unable to generate enough damage to dent his life bar. (I had been able to use this technique to kill Act 3 council members that spawned both fire and lightning immune.)

I tried using a balanced axe of vileness to prevent his healing. I could see that the axe was hitting, since he was lightning enchanted, but I could see no change in his regeneration rate. So I had to give up.

Two questions for you lurkers: Does he always spawn this way? And if so can you think of any other option (short of bringing help into the game) available to me?

-DarkCrown
I don't know what the duration of effect for the "prevent monster heal" mod is, but perhaps it was just too short to be effective here. What you might want to try instead is a long lasting poison attack. Poison used to work by setting monster regeneration to a negative value, and that made it the best way to deal with monster regeneration in the past. The "prevent monster heal" mod was actually undesirable because they would negate the effects of poison by overriding monster regeneration to 0.
One of the advantages of "of vileness" can be seen in Act III towns. The healing of the Cantors is negated on any monster you have hit with a vileness weapon.

Poison and Open Wounds, as you point out, set the regeneration to a negative number rather than zero.

What I am not sure of in 1.10 is whether or not the poison damage or Open wounds, and their "negative regeneration" rates overwrite monster regen, or are additively combined so that with a high enough regen the monsters regen rate overcomes the poison or Open Wounds effect. Vileness ensures that regen = 0.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Invest one point each into Blade Sentry and Blade Fury. You can then whittle him down with physical damage, and transfer any cold / poison / special damage you have along with it.

- Aenae
This is a great suggestion , but the character is level 75. I'd have to spend a fair bit of time at this point to get the two skill points I need. Perhaps I'll try lobbing poison potions at him next time.

-DarkCrown