Experience Nerf Reduced!
Take a look on battlenet. No longer do you only get 0.1% experience at clvl 98, we get a huge 0.5%!!! :D

Edit: Typo
One by one the penguins steal my sanity.......
Alright, what were the old penalties? I don't remember them because leveling up was a hugely tedious and pointless process to me so I never paid attention. When Hell Baal was done around L75 I didn't see much more point in continuing. Just my style of play. I'd like to know what the old penalties were just so I can compare.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
1/2 at clvl 76
1/3 at clvl 81
1/4 at clvl 86
1/5 at clvl 91
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
Thanks. So it looks like the penalties now are about the same as they were in 1.09 up to about L85. I put a table up with the list of how much of the monster exp you would get in 1.09 and what you would get now. With some of the penalties not being as steep at higher levels, that looks like it will mostly average out with the early start of the penalties. The second column in the table was just for completeness. It's pretty obvious that the penalties there are significantly worse that we had in 1.09.

I also figured I probably wasn't the only one who didn't know and was curious so I took a little time to make a table.

Code:
Level        Old           New          Level        Old          New
70            100          95.31        86             25           18.75
71            100          90.63        87             25           14.06
72            100          85.94        88             25           10.55
73            100          81.25        89             25            7.91  
74            100          76.56        90             25            5.96          
75            100          71.88        91             20            4.49
76             50           67.19        92             20            3.42
77             50           62.50        93             20            2.54
78             50           57.81        94             20            1.95
79             50           53.13        95             20            1.46
80             50           48.44        96             20            1.07
81             33           43.75        97             20            0.78
82             33           39.06        98             20            0.59
83             33           34.38        99             20            0.49
84             33           29.69
85             33           25.00
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
So realisticly, it really isn't significantly harder to get to level 85. It is only after level 85 that will be much more difficult. I don't care about that as i only have one char above level 86 and that is a lev 90 necro. I don't normally plan my chars above level 80ish anyway.
That looks about fair. IMHO, characters become less interesting ~level 75-85, when the skills are all selected and the only thing to look forward to is a bit more Vitality and a change in equipment. This should encourage people to make full-fledged characters, then shelve them when they peak; the only people going for ladder spots (level 86+) will be team-based characters and the die-hards.

Personally, I think it's a lot more fun to have 7 level 80 characters, one of each class, instead of powering just one character up to level 95, and the other six never existing.
The only thing that changed was what was placed on the Arreat Summit. The actual data inside the files never changed.

Bottom line: Don't ever trust the Arreat Summit. It's even less accurate than your Character Screen. :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I agree that the Arreat Summit isn't the best source. I would think they are going to make this change into the final version of the game. Or maybe not.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I guess that's why I was getting 30k exp a kill at Lvl 78 / players 1 :P

And no, AS isn't very accurate these days. I guess reziarfg has better things to do, such as...oh well.
It's not that GF has better things to do. It's that he doesn't have core access to the data, and if he does, he sure as hell doesn't know how to read it.

To quote him from an e-mail exchange (I've been trying to pitch a little help his way):
Quote:Thanks for the info!! I'm flying blind :)
GFraizer

With all the things that changed, it's no small task to put up all the new information. Especially since he probably doesn't have much help from the people in the know. And, even if he did, I doubt the developers / programmers themselves know what the real data in the files is anymore. :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Hopefully this means that the rare upgrading recipes will still be in it. I'd rather have the arreat summit change to reflect the beta on the cube recipes than the other way around.
I've never understood why it is that Blizzard's left hand doesn't know what their right is doing. Why does the community have to correct the company on their own game?
See you in Town,
-Z
Yeah, I've always found it strange that the company site with game explanation is mainly fuelled by fans, but it seems that many other games are the same, not just Blizzards ones.

I was at one stage going to offer to build an auto-generator for G.F. based on the MPQs but.. erm... 'other opportunities' arose ;)
They don't document anything. ;)

If you took one look inside the new files, at all the things that have changed, you would scream your head off if you didn't have documentation. There's a REASON why we modders CREATE documentation for every file known to exist - without it, we'd be flying blind and broken. It's no different for Blizzard.

But, to be fair, I don't think it's entirely a lack of documentation. Rather, it's a lack of communication between the programmers and the web folk. IF any documentation does in fact exist, it never (or hardly ever) reaches the hands of the website maintainers. Because of this, they have to rely on word-of-mouth, and whatever input the community gives (without the community, AS wouldn't even exist). That's why us modders, and our input, is so crucial - they'd be dead without us. ;)

Not the best system, surely. But that's the way it is - love it or hate it.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I hope the new scale is accurrate. I more or less what I hoped they would do.
Roland,Jul 23 2003, 02:20 PM Wrote:It's not that GF has better things to do. It's that he doesn't have core access to the data, and if he does, he sure as hell doesn't know how to read it.
I suspect you're right Roland but it is actually rather easy to see the files using the Beginner's Pack from the Phrozen Keep and the fileguides

Linking it all together can be hard or correctly interpreting some of the fields is hard but you can see most of the data from the txt files and work out what it means without any knowledge of programming whatsoever