Merc Skill levels question (1.10 beta)
Does anyone have any idea of what the mercenary skill levels are in the beta now?

I've just gone and checked Prayer from a Spearman on a hunch and discovered that he now carries a substantially different Aura level to what it had been in 1.09.

cLvl 46 Prayer Merc, Hired in Normal, Patch 1.09 (I think)
1.09: Healed 15 Life, Indicated sLvl 14 Skill
1.10: Healed 12 Life, Indicated sLvl 11 Skill

I made some more checks (a bit rushed - there might be errors) . . .

cLvl 76 Prayer Merc: Healed 21, Indicates sLvl 18 (capped), was sLvl 18 (capped) before.
cLvl 65 Prayer Merc: Healed 16, Indicates sLvl 15, was sLvl 18 before (capped).
cLvl 50 Prayer Merc: Healed 13, Indicates sLvl 12, was sLvl 15 before.
cLvl 28 Prayer Merc: Healed 8, Indicates sLvl 7, was sLvl 8 before.

It highlights a few questions:
1.) What are the levels now?
2.) Is this consistant with all Merc Auras, a selection of Merc Auras (expecting Holy Freeze to have the same levels), just Prayer, or matched by similar changes in other mercenary types?
3.) Where exactly do the caps kick in now?

Also we know that Iron Wolves have had their sLvl cap removed. What would their levels be now? An extension of the same new list?

PS. While Spirea's merc stat page was inaccurate in 1.09, it was close enough to be useful. As of now that merc stat page has been rendered obsolete apparently. :(
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
They have indeed changed

I took a superificial look at it here:
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=35&t=29284
I'm still fiddling around with these Prayer Mercs.
And wouldn't you just know it, + Skill item results appear to have changed too. <_<

On a Prayer Merc a circlet with +1 to Warcries had no effect (that was a good sign considering the old tab thing)
On a Prayer Merc a circlet with +1 to Defensive Auras had no effect. (d'oh!)

cLvl 57 Prayer Merc with a +1 to Defensive Auras Circlet was healing at: 47, 62, 77. The same Mercenary without the circlet was healing at 63, 78, 93

Or in other words 15 life every two seconds regardless of whether that circlet was on or not. :(

Next questions:
1.) Has anyone tested + All Skills on 1.10 beta Mercenaries?
2.) Has anyone tested + Class Skills on appropriate 1.10 beta Mercenaries?
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War