Just a quick, simple question... or four.
When "Superior" items Spawn, whether socketed, ethereal or otherwise... do they always get "Enhanced Damge" (I know they can get Durability or AR bonuses) or can they get "Enhanced Minimum" or "Enhanced Maximum" Damage? Related to that, is what patch was it that the new display of "+xx% Enhanced Damage" made? IIRC, it was in 1.08.

And since I'm on the subject... Ethereal Items. The damage bonus that Ethereal offers is added in before any %xx Enhanced Damage is added, Correct? I.E. a Superior, Ethereal Item with 10% Enhanced Damge (made up 50-100 item damage) would be 75-150 "base" damage, and then come out being 82.5-165 total damage. Yes ... no?

I appreciate the responses.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

[Image: dixen.gif]
Quote:When "Superior" items Spawn, whether socketed, ethereal or otherwise... do they always get "Enhanced Damge" (I know they can get Durability or AR bonuses) or can they get "Enhanced Minimum" or "Enhanced Maximum" Damage?

AFAIK, they can get +min / +max damage, although they will only ever get ONE bonus, not a combination.

Quote:Related to that, is what patch was it that the new display of "+xx% Enhanced Damage" made? IIRC, it was in 1.08.

I think so. Just taking a guess, though.

Quote:And since I'm on the subject... Ethereal Items. The damage bonus that Ethereal offers is added in before any %xx Enhanced Damage is added, Correct? I.E. a Superior, Ethereal Item with 10% Enhanced Damge (made up 50-100 item damage) would be 75-150 "base" damage, and then come out being 82.5-165 total damage. Yes ... no?

Ethereal items affect the TOTAL damage. Their +% damage bonus comes in AFTER ALL other +damage bonuses, including Strength / Dexterity bonuses. They do not stack like normal damage bonuses, so the increase is actually multiplicative, instead of additive.

The way it works, basically (I'm summarizing), is this:
Total Item Damage = (1 + Ethereal damage bonus %) * (Base Item Damage * (1 + Str / Dex damage bonus % + Item damage bonus % + Skill damage bonus %))

So, if you had 50% Ethereal bonus, 100% Str / Dex bonus, 50% Item bonus, and 50% Skill bonus, on a 50 - 100 Item base damage, you'd get:
Total Minimum Damage = (1 + .5) * (50 * (1 + 1 + .5 + .5)) = (1.5) * (50 * (3)) = 225
Total Maximum Damage = (1 + .5) * (100 * (1 + 1 + .5 + .5)) = (1.5) * (100 * (3)) = 450

Just pulling random numbers, of course, but it illustrates the formula.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
For the damage calculations on a weapon:

Take the base damage of the weapon.
If it's ethereal, multiply by 1.5, and round down.
(Before 1.10, there was a step here that added 1 to the min and max damage if there was any enhanced damage on the weapon itself; this step isn't present in 1.10).
Then apply enhanced damage, and round down.
Then add +min/max damage.

So the min damage would be 82, not 82.5. Otherwise, you calculated correctly.
Quote:AFAIK, they can get +min / +max damage, although they will only ever get ONE bonus, not a combination.

Okay, but will the mod be listed as +Min Damge/+Max Damage or as Enhanced Min/Max Damage?
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

[Image: dixen.gif]
But I would assume it's +, not "Enhanced". Just a guess.
Roland *The Gunslinger*