1.10 Valkyrie
I have come across quite a few posts in other threads that state that Valkyrie is improved, yet nothing that details how, merely general "she's better" statements.

Could anyone shed some light on this please?

Are her Skills improved, and her AI? How does she tank now, and how does the casting timer limit her, if at all?

Is it worth dumping 20 points into Valk, when before 1 would suffice?
as of her skills, her items can vary a lot now. the items are randomly generated when u summon her. i think she has 6 (blue, red, gray, yellow, orange, golden) different kind of armors, her spear can vary a lot.

her AI is still the Dumb Blonde

Casting timer doesnt really affect valk herself, but it affects some other spells. for example, u can cast valk then quickly cast a immo arrow or plague javalin, u have to wait till the timer wears off.
Her new items are a big improvement. Explanation here.

At high levels, a valk can have a war pike. In 1.09, she always just had a spear.
At around level 20-22, I found that I never needed to recast her in act 5 hell /players1 because she never died. She also killed much faster than I was able to, since javelins just don't do that much melee damage with just 1 pt in jab (89% ed matriarchals w/ fools mod). If you just leave 1 pt, she will get torn apart like tin foil. You'll need at least 15 pts, I think, the more you can spare, the better (or maybe some points in decoy might be a better buy hp wise? but you'll miss out on the extra killing/defense power of the additional weapon/armor types).

The casting timer sucks (11 seconds?), because you can't use other timered skills such as plague javelin or immolition arrow.
well that's disappointing about the AI. If skels could be made smarter (faster) then why not the Valk?

I guess a timer will make decoy more useful, as a positioned meat shield
The Valkyrie does move a little bit faster now for what it's worth. She doesn't stick as close to you as a Skeletal Warrior/Mage would, but it's an improvement nonetheless.