New to Diablo 2 . . .
Hi,

What can I say ?, I have being playing Diablo 1 for a good few years now and ashamed as I am to say it, it hasn't really got that much in it for me anymore. I have never really being interested in Diablo 2 but today I picked up both Diablo 2 + LOD for £15 and I’m going to give it a try. Down to the question > > > would I be missing out on anything if I was to skip straight to LOD?

Note - Please excuse my English (I'm 14 and my school can't afford English teachers) :(
I don't think you'll miss much going LoD right off the bat. There's no content in "Classic" D2 that isn't in LoD, and there's much more in the expansion. My personal opinion is that LoD is much more fun, what with runes and runewords, charms, bigger stash, etc.

The only thing you'll be avoiding is some of the character builds (skill and equipment strategies) that worked in D2C but don't in LoD. If you start in LoD you'll never miss them.

Additionally, most of the commentary here pertains to LoD. There are a few D2C holdouts, though.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
wow, new to D2, it's been out for ages now! Go straight to LoD, the builds are pretty much the same. I think it's a bad time to get into the game with the 1.10 patch. Like random monsters in act5, synergies, more item dependant. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for 1.10 but I just like the old patches better.

by the way your english is fine.
Personally, I think it's a good time for a new player to hop on. If he does download the 1.10 Beta then he can actually get used to the synergy skills at the same pace everyone else does, and doesn't get left behind when the real 1.10 comes out. And what about random monsters in A5? They won't be random to a new player, they'll be the monsters that will be now be in A5! :D
Your like me diablo1ks i only purchased diabloii a few days ago but i only have diablo2 classic. (I didnt think classic would work on my pc let alone lod but it did) I would of thought going straight to lod wouldnt really matter at all considering the improvements.
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
Score! Diablo II classic here too :) Lets hook up for some gaming eh? email me at draconis_@hotmail.com if you're interested.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
ImpressiveOne,Jul 30 2003, 09:23 PM Wrote:by the way your english is fine.
My English only looks acceptable because I copy what I type to MS-Word
(Spell-check . . .) then copy back :lol:

PS – Thanks for the fast response everyone, it has helped a lot, not that I expected any less from such a great forum :P
Welcome :)

I think LOD is a more fun game than the game without the Expansion. You will also be on the same wavelength as the majority of the other posters

If you want to play online with other people check out the Pandemonium Fortress forum here or the Amazon Basin (which allows non-Amazons too :) )
No really, don't apologize for your English. It's quite good, and the important part? It's plenty above the threshold for effective communication. No, the people who get slapped around for poor communication around here are almost always those who have no reason whatsoever not to speak correctly. Them varmints get run outta town on a rail, they is. :)
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
wut r u talkeeng aboot? sthu n00b.

..., so sayeth The Hermit.

"Mention this to me, mention anything at all, and watch the weather change." Tool - Disposition