Looking for a character editor
I'm looking for a simple character editor, preferably one that can't hack my character to invincibility or dupe items or anything else really stupid. All I want is to be able to reallocate skill and stat points, and the ability to put skill/stat points back into being "unused." For single player only. I'm not sure if this is cheating, but I'm sure we all have misplaced a stat point here and a skill point there (two points in cold arrow? NOOO!). I consider it a "stupidity rectifier."

I downloaded Burton Tsang's editor (http://diablo2.urbancities.net), but it's a little difficult to use and doesn't allow for everything I would like. ShadowMaster (http://home1.tiscalinet.de/shadowgate/) had a great editor (very graphical and auto-life/mana calculations), but he stopped working on it around v1.08. Anyone know of anything similar but more recent?
Lord_Satorious
Never ASSUME, lest you make an ASS out of U and ME. - Gunny
shadowmaster still works, but not for 1.1
Go to google.

Search for the string "arkaine d2i".

It'll take you to a site loaded with .d2i item files, but in the files someplace is Shadowmaster 0.87 beta. With that, you can set up a 1.09 character the way you like, with the equipment you like, which you then load into 1.10.

It does everything you want, except of course edit 1.10 character files. Once you load your created chars into 1.10 for the first time, they can't be edited.

(Note that the equipment on that site is usually 1.08 stuff and/or buggy. You're better off grabbing a dropmod to force the game to drop legitimate trusted items.)
>I'm looking for a simple character editor, preferably one that can't hack my character to invincibility or dupe items or anything else really stupid. All I want is to be able to reallocate skill and stat points, and the ability to put skill/stat points back into being "unused." For single player only. I'm not sure if this is cheating, but I'm sure we all have misplaced a stat point here and a skill point there (two points in cold arrow? NOOO!). I consider it a "stupidity rectifier."

If you just want to muck around or test things out, there is the built in " -act x" command. You just add that on the .exe file where 'x' is the Act number. Start the game, then hit create new character. It will generate a character in that specified level with appropriate levels. Eg: Act 5 in LoD will generate iirc, a lvl 32 character with all the points, minus the quest rewards. Good way to quickly test out lvl 33's, but might not be what you're looking for if you wanted to test higher characters.

I've personally tried this in 1.09 single player, both LoD and D2C. However I haven't been able to get the Necromancer and the Sorceress to work with this command. Might be a 1.09 thing, or a problem on my computer alone.
Or Google "ericjwin" for his site with tons of editors and single/open info.

Look for the file marked: ericjwin's LOD d2statseditor2 (125Kb)

It can edit skills and stats in 1.10 but will cause bad dead bodies if you import items, kind of a built in honesty checker. And don't forget to backup first.
http://www.nightshiver.com/ezcontent/index.php

This place looks like it has a few editors that work for 1.10.
be careful of nightshiver and eric's site. i've had some reports of them having worms and trojans in their files.