question about 1.10 bata patch?
in the bata patch will we have to find brand new items if they already exist like trang ouls. if i want to turn into a vampire do i have to find it all over again???
i'm not lazy, i like to think of it as "slectivly active"...
The gold boni on a set will be there regardless of what version of the item you have. The green boni on a set item will only be present if you find a new one. So you'll be able to turn into a vampire with any version of the set, but many individual set items were also improved and you'll have to find new ones to get those.
As in prior patches, the new attributes for uniques and INDIVIDUAL set items will NOT spawn on your existing items.
However, the complete set boni DO work with old items - it is only the individual ones that do not.
When I imported my 1.09 necro with full trang's set, he got the vampire skills and appearance.

"Don't sweat the petty things, it's more fun to pet the sweaty things."
so your saying that my trang ouls will be able to allow me to change into the vampire? and i will have all the skills that come with it???(i.e. fire ball, fire wall and meteor). but the individual things on the items i will not get like more mana reg or replenish life???

im kinda lost at this :(
According to the AS information (accurate enough for this point), the Trang-Oul set has these gold boni:

Quote:Partial Set Bonus
+18 To Fire Ball (2 Items)
Regenerate Mana 15% (2 Items)
+13 To Fire Wall (3 Items)
Additional Regenerate Mana 15% (3 Items)
Additional Regenerate Mana 15% (4 Items)
+10 To Meteor (4 Items)

Complete Set Bonus
+3 To Necromancer Levels
20% Life Stolen Per Hit
+3 To Fire Mastery
+10 To Meteor
+13 To Fire Wall
+18 To Fire Ball
+200 Defense
+100 To Mana
Regenerate Mana 60%
Replenish Life +5
All Resistances +50
Transforms into Vampire

This means that, in 1.10, regardless of when you got the items, 2 will give +18 fire ball and 15% mana regeneration, 3 will give +13 fire wall and an additional 15% mana regeneration, etc. For this purpose, it doesn't matter if you have only 1.09 items, only 1.10 items or a mixture of the two. The same hold true for the complete set boni. All full Trang-Oul sets transform you into a vampire in 1.10.

There are some other changes to the individual items, though. 1.10 Trang-Oul's Claws have +25% poison skill damage. If you found them in 1.09, they won't have this. 1.10 Trang-Oul's Girth has a green bonus of +40% cold resist if you have 2 items. If you found it in 1.09, it won't have this.

So if you found a complete Trang-Oul set in 1.09 and use these in 1.10, none of the individual items will change at all. They'll still have all the same mods as before. However, the gold boni on the set will change to the new ones for 1.10.
well thx alot for the help guys i needed to find out...
but also i would like to know if when i get the partial set and i get all that comes with it and then get the full set and get the boni with that o i get both the boni of the partial and the full set???
The partial set boni are part of the full set bonus. You won't end up with e.g. +36 to Fireball when the set is complete.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
ok thanks alot then. that puts me to rest cause i saw a site i forgot the name though, it said that the trang-ouls's set with its boni are only spawned in the 1.10 bata patch... i know now they are wrong.
That site uses the expression "Only spawns in 1.10" to mean that precise list of modifiers on that item

The items didn't have quite the same modifiers in 1.09, so the Arreat Summit states "Only spawns in 1.10", meaning only in 1.10 do you get that item with those specific modifiers

Incidentally copy your saves before you load your characters with the Trang's set into the latest Beta. Some items get deleted. Most 1.09 items are fine but best be safe than sorry
ok, also (i just keep goin dont i?) i was wondering if im able to use my necro skills while being transformed or not??? and if i choose to transform into the vampire thingy???
There's no such word as "boni". Bonuses, yes, but not "boni".

EDIT: check that, "Boni" is an example of both an extremely uncommon surname and the name of an African tribe.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
You can still use your skills in that form. You also don't have a choice about whether to have that form or not. As soon as you put on the complete set, you look like a vampire.
ok thx everyone who helped me out. :D :) :D :blink: