A few Questions . . .
Hi,

I have being playing (Diablo2 LOD) for a few days now and I am glad to say that I am enjoying every minute of it :) . But I have a few questions to ask that I am unsure about . . .

(1) On Blizzard's 'Arreat Summit' Diablo Guide it says the following:

>Repairing Items
You do not receive more money when selling if you first repair the item before selling it.

Sorry if I'm wrong but I have found this statement to be incorrect !

(2) What are the differences between Single and Multiplayer games ?
Can I play Multiplayer alone ?

(3) What does the 'Attack Rating' effect ?

(4) Please can you tell me a bit about the Hoadric Cube ?

And that’s all really (thanx in advance) :P
1. The AS is often wrong. I don't know if this is the case here. Did you actually do some testing?

2. There's the obvious difference that you're always alone in SP ;). Also, if you die in MP, you can lose money from your stash, while in SP this doesn't happen. It's possible to just host a TCP/IP game and play alone there.

3. A higher AR means you have a greater chance of hitting monsters.

4. You find it in act 2. You use it for quests in acts 2 and 3. There are quite a few recipes for the cube. The AS lists some of these with some accuracy.
Have you downloaded any of the patches for the game? If you've only installed it, and not patched it, then the repair thing may be true. I think (IIRC) that you could get more money for repaired stuff in earlier releases...
--Mav
Mavfin,Aug 7 2003, 05:27 PM Wrote:Have you downloaded any of the patches for the game?
No, I'm on (Diablo 2 LOD) 'unmodified', are there any patches worth downloading ?
Generally (and I know there are exception), people want to use the latest patch. Right now, that's 1.09d. Patches are downloadable here. 1.10 is currently in beta testing, but we have no idea when it'll be finished. If you do decide to stay with your old version, be sure to say so every time you ask a question, as otherwise it'll be assumed you have the latest. Also, if you want to play on battle.net, you'll need the newest version.
>Repairing Items
You do not receive more money when selling if you first repair the item before selling it.

I'm almost pretty sure this is right. Time was when damaged items sold for less than fully repaired items, but often the cost of repairing an item was much less than the selling cost. It was a neat money-making scam to tote a load of badly damaged gear, patch it, then sell it at profit.

I know this was the case with throwing potions. There used to be a time when Poison Shrines and Exploding Shrines meant moolah in the stash, providing of course you were careful to pick each of the potions up individually and put them in seperate slots. Head to Charsi, repair all the potions, and flog them for profit.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Hi,

I just wanted to resurrect my post and learn a little more . . .

Would you advise me to dl version 1.10 or wait a little longer and see how it works out?

Can you please tell me what not to touch in 'Diablo2LOD' such as things that may permanently scar my characters?

+ All tips would be appreciated :)

Thanx again !
If i were you I'd probably just d/l 1.09, and get familiar with the game. In general, 1.10 is tougher, and things have changed a bit. Not to mention it's still a beta and therefore buggy and likes to eat your items ;)
If you decide to download 1.09, and if you're playing mainly SP, I would advise getting 1.09b rather than 1.09d, since d (and c before it) managed to break all the "chance to cast" items in SP mode.

Just my $0.02 worth.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.