Well, I discovered that when you transform into the Vampire from completing Trang Oul's Avatar, you lose cast speed. On top of that, I'd rather look like a Necromancer rather than a monster.

Is there any way to disable this effect?
The only real way to disable it is to wear something else. You do shift back to normal shape when you take enough damage to die, but this gets "fixed" again and is rather risky, anyways.
this is news to me. i lose all fcr mods if my necro's avatar becomes vampire?
looking like the straggling member of a congo line.

:)
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Loschonorg,Aug 8 2003, 03:58 AM Wrote:this is news to me. i lose all fcr mods if my necro's avatar becomes vampire?
No, your base casting speed is slower. The fcr items still work; it's quite noticeable if you add 200 cast from charms (test character =).
I also think that the ghoul-lord transformation is exceedingly ugly. I wish it were an aura, like the other ones. And I think the auras should be unique, not just the stupid Valkyriesque one. Blah.

Should Tal Rasha's Wrappings turn a sorc into Baal? Should Nat's make the Assassin look like Natalya? (I think the helm should have been a circlet because Natalya herself wore no visible helm.) Alas, the necro is doomed to be even uglier.
Uglier? Necromancer? How can you make someone so skinny that he's just bones and bones (haha, get it? I crack myself :)) uglier?

Necromancer is only second to the wimpiest looking character in LoD, the first one is of course the druid not morphed (Ugh, looking at a druid running...).

I quite like the change though a Ghoul Lord seems to me more appropriate to command the legions of the dead than a skinny pale man.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I like the slightly burnished bronze look of the full Trang's set, and I love the look of wands, bonehelms, and head trophies. And you can't see how skinny he is with his full plate mail :D .
Heiho,

well, I also spend some thoughts on that business.

1) I think it is really cool to get a completely other skin compared to that Wally/Channelchat aura other Sets give you.
2) I don't understand why they choosed this grubby vampire skin instead of that of, say, an Oblivion Mage, who has more in common with the Necro
3) I really, really disliked the castwossname and chargesofzisnzat stuff even in 1.09, and they made it even worse in 1.10 with that whenequipped stuff and suchlike. Speaking of the TO Set it is most disgusting to push up sorc fire skills with it even partially instead of doing the Necro wearing this exclusive set any favor. Again the Oblivion Mage would have been the chance to push up your BS and BA (in a moderate way, about +6/+10 I'd think of appropriate and not too overpowered). But it shows the way it is realized that someone out there at blizz' really loves brunettes.
4) relating to the chaotish, rogueish and elvish aspects of the Necro class it would have been a really nice sidecick, if the threat-factor of a transformed Necro (and this might also apply to the Faded Natalya Asn) would be reduced, thus making up for the weakness of getting another ones base casting rate (not sure what the Set Fade does to the Asn, maybe nothing)

Now, this is all hypothetically stuff to me, because I don't own a full TO Set and won't gain any in near future. But it shows to me that blizz people still have nice ideas, but don't bring them down to a point where it'd really make sense.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Must be one of those things with buffed up bonuses with disadvantages added to them. Trang's did gain more bonuses as opposed to say Natalya's. Well, maybe the Ik set and Aldur's gained a lot too, but Trang's set was actualy findable and viable as compared to the other two. It always ruins fashion too. Oh well, the shield is crap and is difficult to find anyways. Plus it looks like a purse. Down with shruken heads! :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:3) I really, really disliked the castwossname and chargesofzisnzat stuff even in 1.09, and they made it even worse in 1.10 with that whenequipped stuff and suchlike. Speaking of the TO Set it is most disgusting to push up sorc fire skills with it even partially instead of doing the Necro wearing this exclusive set any favor. Again the Oblivion Mage would have been the chance to push up your BS and BA (in a moderate way, about +6/+10 I'd think of appropriate and not too overpowered). But it shows the way it is realized that someone out there at blizz' really loves brunettes

Err, the set does't give those big bonuses to fire skills if you're a sorc. :) +10 fire ball is just level 10 fireball, not +10 to fireball. The set is not what a sorc would want to wear. Giving the necro fire damage was a good way to give necros another way to deal with immunes. His rather weak p+b skills didn't really cut it.

And yes, Blizzard also likes blondes, and guys with long ponytails while dissing people who fashion goat heads. Seriously, why is the druid set have such a dorky helm?! Who would want to be caught dead wearing that! And why would my assasin want to wear some dumb bone head?

Ok, I'll stop ranting here. ;) And no more druid bashing.
Archon_Wing,Aug 9 2003, 06:37 AM Wrote:Err, the set does't give those big bonuses to fire skills if you're a sorc. :) +10 fire ball is just level 10 fireball, not +10 to fireball. The set is not what a sorc would want to wear. Giving the necro fire damage was a good way to give necros another way to  deal with immunes. His rather weak p+b skills didn't really cut it.
Heiho,

uh, so I've misunderstood this boni. You say, a sorc wearing the Set will gain a second Meteor resp Fireball skill like a 1.09 Necro will gain a second skill DV when he equips a ring with charges of it (just an example)?

But what do you want to do the monsters with that low fireskills, set a kettle on it to cook some tea? Even with LR cursed and the 'massive' FM support from TO complete I don't think high about that ones.

But well, as said before, I thought even the 1.09 specials were disgusting, and instead of wiping this illness away blizz invented more of it, so I'm maybe just a bit preoccupied about that.
I'm still thinking if one can't play a char with his 30 class specific skills, one should better play Sims or MIDI Guitar or such stuff ;-)
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Quote:uh, so I've misunderstood this boni. You say, a sorc wearing the Set will gain a second Meteor resp Fireball skill like a 1.09 Necro will gain a second skill DV when he equips a ring with charges of it (just an example)?

Yep, a fire sorceress is better off putting points in the actual skills. :P

Quote:But what do you want to do the monsters with that low fireskills, set a kettle on it to cook some tea? Even with LR cursed and the 'massive' FM support from TO complete I don't think high about that ones.

Ok, so I looked at the Arreat summit, and the fire skills aren't too wimpy. level 18 fire ball and level 13 fire wall would hurt a bit, especially fire wall. Plus, you have to remember that you're not investing a single skill point.

And like I said before, this set has been buffed up a bit. The armor was previously actualy quite bad. It had Dr and summoning skills, but that was the only thing it had. It wasn't really suited for any necro except a summoning one. The partial bonuses for the armor now make it a lot more desirable to wear more of the set.
Heiho,

well, should do the trick if you go back to NM diff when using the full Set ...
The damage of FW is listed as per second, I agree that the Necro has more ability to fix monsters on a place than a firesoc normally'd have, but it is still poor.

Maybe there has to be a changig in paradigm to see this useful, I'm a bit oldfashioned, so the uttermost important thing for a Necro to do is caring to get a first corpse as soon as possible. Neither FW nor FB nor Meteor are any help there, they just would have any use against physical and magic and poison immune monsters. Given that Immunity can be negotiated now in most cases via AD/Dec/LR I don't really see a point in using the fireskills besides to do a bit of a show. It is like using Pus Spitter and pretending to be a Necrozone - it just doesn't work this way ...

Enough rumbled, as I said before, at least the Necro didn't just get a poor Chatty/Wally Aura but another skin with neatly side effects. Could have been even worse :c)
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Well, I suppose you could cast poison nova and throw firewall in during the delay. ;)
Quote:Err, the set does't give those big bonuses to fire skills if you're a sorc.  +10 fire ball is just level 10 fireball, not +10 to fireball.

This is not true. Sorcs do gain much less benefit from the set, but it's done by reducing the bonuses to +3. This is the case for all oskills; they give the full benefit to classes who don't have the skill normally but are capped at +3 for the class that does.