Fade's Physical Resist
I was reading in the Amazon Basin about Fade's hidden 1% physical resist bonus.

1) Can anyone verify this?

Also, I must say that though I will always favor BoS over any of the Sassy castable auras, Fade is turning out to be a lovely situational safety blanket, albeit an expensive one (I would only consider 0 points or max).

2) In the AB, people also mentioned that the Iron Golem receives, if I recall correctly, a level 8 or so Fade. Why is that? Bug or hidden feature?

3) Will they list Fade's hidden feature, or eliminate it?

4) Why does the Iron Golem receive a Thorns aura and Fade? Will this, too, be eliminated?

If Fade were to become a permanant feature on the Iron Golem, it would be much easier to let it achieve elemental immunity. A nice golem could perhaps consist of 2 Perf Diamonds, 1 Rainbow Facet that does elemental resistance penetration/lowering, and a Jewel with damage to complement the Rainbow Facet's damage. For example, a Rainbow Facet lowering lightning resistance could be accompanied by a Jewel of Thunder, thereby adding small elemental damage to the Necro's repertoire. Socketing these items into a 4 Socket Paladin shield with innate resistances, coupled with Summon Resist and Fade, could provide a very well-rounded Iron Golem.

Any thoughts? I'm really not sure if this info is correct or not, and I'd appreciate someone who can read code files' input. Thanks.

Buena Suerte.
In war, intelligence is the single greatest commodity.
Also, after some more thought, a maxed Fade, coupled with any combination of highdrstring-lowdrgaze/lowdrstring-highdrgaze/middlingdrstring-gaze would net max physical resists.

Though I doubt people will accumulate those any time soon (legitimately), the fact that they don't need to bother with Shaftstop and Stormshield is a blessing I can't even fathom.

Also, Nat's set grants 30%? PDR and that also serves as a great option. I'm not crazy about the helm or armor (I really dislike them, in fact) but they sure are options one shouldn't forget

Buena Suerte.
---(Edit: Errant apostraphe.)---
There's an edit button. There's no need to reply to yourself. -_-

That aside, I'm not really sure if that exists are not.

If the IG's properties are true, that would probaly be an effort by Blizzard to toughen up the Iron Golem. Ideally, you'd make a IG out of the finest items. Right now, I'm lucky if it lasts several days. The iron golem should be durable, because not to be crude, the damn thing is made of iron! :D

However, making an elemental immune golem isn't really that hard anyways. A level 3 summon resist plus a 3 socketed p-d shield already gives immunity. Perhaps it will be a matter of convience, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I guess the physical resist would be handy though.

Edit: A 1 % per level is much better than 1%. :lol:
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Hullo Archon.

I dunno, I wanted it clear that my second post was more of an afterthought than something directly related to my original post. I use the edit button for things like spelling or other glaring errors.

However, I greatly appreciate you prompting me to do things in this forum because I am woefully inept at customizing it and all that good stuff.

Buena Suerte.
Unless you are a inhuman posting bot. :D No big deal if you're human.

But yea, the edit button is not only for correcting errors (Thank god for the edit button) but to add what you might have forgotten. It often happens that my one-liners get expanded into bigger posts once I think of the proper thing to say. The main thing is that in the threaded view (in the right hand corner), people assume that you're talking to whomever you respond to. That's why you might see me making three posts in linear view because I'm adressing three people.

Oh, btw, welcome to the lounge. ^^
Hullo Archon.

Why, thank you for welcoming me. There are really comfy chairs here. (No drinks though :o )

I really like this forum; I used to use Diabloii.net's but theirs got hideously maimed for some unknown reason. Also, the people here seem a lot more friendly and, I don't know, like they have a history together. I assume you guys do, since Bolty has been around for Ages, and I remember a lot of the names here (Griselda, Occhi, and Crystalion are a few).

However, I am concerned about how unequivocally rude some people can be. I know you saw the thing that happened to Havian, because you commented on it. Anyway, I feel a certain kinship with Havian because we like some of the same stuff, and I was more than a little miffed when that guy started attacking him. I hope that doesn't happen often here, but you are really nice so I know it can't all be bad.

Thanks for clarifying the whole threaded view thing; it was a little confusing at first.

Btw, have you played around with Fade or Nat's set lately? The Sassy has become an astonishingly fun char to play overnight. I'm in love with mine now. In a wholesome way, that is.

Buena Suerte.
Quote:I was reading in the Amazon Basin about Fade's hidden 1% physical resist bonus.

1) Can anyone verify this?

Yes Fade has 1% Physical Resist per skill level that is not listed in the description.

Quote:2) In the AB, people also mentioned that the Iron Golem receives, if I recall correctly, a level 8 or so Fade. Why is that? Bug or hidden feature?

In 1.10s the this was changed to Fade slvl=16 in the skills.txt file. There is also a slvl=16 Fade listed in the monprop.txt file. I am not sure if these will directly stack with each other, but it is likely. This would give the Iron Golem an equivalent level 32 Fade (32% physical resistance). This is also why the Iron Golems were alway looking like they were ethereal in the first v1.10beta patch.

Quote:3) Will they list Fade's hidden feature, or eliminate it?
Unknown for know unless Isolde answers this directly.

Quote:4) Why does the Iron Golem receive a Thorns aura and Fade? Will this, too, be eliminated?
Fade to make them tougher to be like "Iron"; Thorns because they are spikey.

Making the Iron Golem highly physically resistant may be counter productive. Unless I am mistaken the amount of reflected damage from their thorns is based on the amount of damage that they actually end up taking. If you brought them up to being Physically Immune they probably would not reflect any damage back at all. This may still be desireable in some cases though.
Quote:Making the Iron Golem highly physically resistant may be counter productive. Unless I am mistaken the amount of reflected damage from their thorns is based on the amount of damage that they actually end up taking. If you brought them up to being Physically Immune they probably would not reflect any damage back at all. This may still be desireable in some cases though.

Yea, that would really screw up the damage returned. On the other hand, the thorns damage for IG was never really that spectacular. One would have been better with a fire golem and thorns merc. I guess you can't have them all. :ph34r:
Quote:Also, I must say that though I will always favor BoS over any of the Sassy castable auras, Fade is turning out to be a lovely situational safety blanket, albeit an expensive one (I would only consider 0 points or max).

Now it's only the question of using BoS or Fade, because you can use Venom and either one of the others together.