Forever egg bug
Is there anyway to get past thoes? In hell with my necro solo i came across one, and it was at exactly the exit to the next lv. Needless to say with no means of teleporting (no other hell characters capable of teleporting) is it possible to cross thoes w/o starting a new game?
Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill
I'm not sure any of us knows quite what you're talking about

The forever egg bug?

Have you tried hatching? :lol:

Seriously, do try to use the right words and grammar, it's very much appreciated by the rest of us :)
Heiho,

I think this is referring to the eggs laid by Rockworms and suchlike. Especially in the Maggaot Lair^^ it is quite annoying that you can't sometimes destroy them with ranged attacks - bow/xbow or BS/BSr.
The Solution here if playing alone is to delegate the task to your merc (who can do it regardless which kind of those you've hired) or even some minions.
If no merc or minions are at hand, the only way to destroy the nasty things is to put some dirt on your own hands.

I think the reason for that bug is either a desync effect between game engine and graphical output (as the mercs won't miss, even the ranged ones) or a bug in the several graphics layers. Both effects turn up more often in the Beta, where this problems are more significantly as in 1.09 (but still in 1.09 the probem also exists).
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Quote: Is there anyway to get past thoes?
\

I've found some of these before that would simply never be destroyed, no minions or merc would attack them, nor would melee attacks.

I've also seen corpses produced that actually block a stairway or door(somehow, even though I should be able to walk over them). If I can't find a way around, I usually walk right onto them(as close as I can get), then make a tp to town, and return through it. Often the character ends up close enough to the far side of the obstacle to just pass over it, leaving it intact.
Heiho,

I myself never experienced that _nothing_ can destroy them, but I won't negotiate it :-)

To speak in broader terms and describe why I mostly think it is a problem between game engine and graphics output, there are even worse cases. Sometimes I can't pass a bridge in the act3 jungle maps and _no_ corpse is lying on it (but I still have killed a lot just before, just on the bridge no smeary reminders of formerly monsters lay around).
Most annoying of all is the small entry between Frigid Highland and Arreat Plateau in Act5, where I can quite often not pass. Thus bad, because there is no second way, as it is most time in Maggot Lair or Act3 jungles.

Playing with some friends most of the times, they can pass the ways, so it is not a MP desync problem.
Fortunately then the solution is near, one of them sets a tp behind the somehow barricaded way and I just nick through a tp of my own and take theirs then. But when playing alone, there is simply no chance to pass and I have to make a new game - of course with all the monsters alive again ... good for exp, but bad for my temper ;-)
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Quote:Sometimes I can't pass a bridge in the act3 jungle maps and _no_ corpse is lying on it (but I still have killed a lot just before, just on the bridge no smeary reminders of formerly monsters lay around).

Quote:Most annoying of all is the small entry between Frigid Highland and Arreat Plateau in Act5

These 2 instances are my first thoughts also. I have seen both occurrences several times. Another that comes to mind is inside caves in act1. I've had the little walkways between different elevations blocked.

Playing with friends, my experience mirrors yours as well; my friend could pass the obstacle, but I could not.

At least it comes up *very* rarely though(for me at least).
I have to wonder if this is somehow related to the way you can get 'hung up' on a corner, unable to move. You can usually TP out, and clicking on a monster (if any are around) will usually get you to move and attack it.

Also, it may just be me, but walls seem more 'touchy' now. It seems that I have to be very careful when attacking a monster next to a wall, or I end up clicking behind the wall, and running around to the other side. This could happen before, of course, but it seems like it's much easier to do this now.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
I see most folks have forgotten about this one. If you hang around, they will usually last about 10 minutes or so. You can physically attack them but you won't leach anything back. Minions will not attack it. You pretty much have 2 options. You can sit there and beat items out of it for 10 minutes or you can go back to town, thereby resetting it and causing it to hatch normally when you return.
cheezz
"I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it."-Dogbert

"The truth is always greater that the words we use to describe it."

[Image: fun.jpg]
Barbs can WW through them.

Ass can use dragon flight (or her traps may work), or a shaddow.

Druid+Nec+Ama can summon enemys to attack it, allthough the valk may find it a bit hard on hell.

Sorc can tele past, or hydra/fire wall/meteor may work.

Paladins :P ehrrrrm. Haven't tried it, but auras may effect them.

If these fail, use TP's and/or mercs, as re entering areas resets them.

Hope this may be some help, and good luck with those nasty eggs, corpses and invisible men :ph34r:

Kier
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.