Blade Fury
Hullo All.

I have been working on compiling info on Blade Fury. It's a compelling yet confusing skill, as the skill description (bless Blizzard) is hardly informative and likely misleading.

As I understand, the blades are imparted with 3/4 of your weapon's damage.

1) I assume this means only your main hand? Or does it mean 3/4 of the total damage you would do in a regular melee attack with that weapon? For instance, wearing Gore riders and weilding a 20-40 damage claw, you would do, say, 100-300 damage with a normal attack. Would your blades do (3/4)*(20-40) yielding 15-30 damage blades + the amount of damage they do at their skill level, or do (3/4)(100-300), yielding 25-75 damage blades + the amount of damage granted by their skill level?

Elemental damage adders are also added, I know.

2) Is this elemental damage from anywhere, including a left-hand claw and amulets/rings/armor/helm/shield (Tiamat's, for example). Is the elemental damage penalized or does it stay whole, whereas physical damage from your weapon is reduced to the 3/4?

I have observed only amplify damage castings with the claws.

3) I would like to know, however, if anyone has tried seeing if the Chaos runeword has Frozen Orbs casting out from your blades that 9% of the time, or whatever. I have not observed (due to the lack of legit items and items to be imported for testing) Crescent Moon's Static field coming into play, but I have heard that it indeed does.

4) Does freeze monster work with Blade Fury? For instance, does the Axe of Fechmar and Iceblink grant any type of freezing quality to the blades? Would only the Axe do it, since it is being weilded, or does the armor count as well?

5) Has anyone tried using Tiamat's and observing the chance to cast spells working with the blades?

6) Though AR is not listed for BF, I have noticed frequent misses. This implies another lovely display bug. Anyway, does anyone have a way to calculate the AR for BF? I suspect it may have to do with AR bonuses from weapons, but does the skill level of BF affect the AR of the blades?

7) Do BF and crushing blow work together like a ranged weapon, doing 1/10 damage to monster hp every time it activates? I may not recall correctly but I believe it to be around 1/10.

8) Does +% damage to demons/undead transfer to the damage done by BF? For example, would weilding Laying of Hands make your BF more effective vs. demons?

9) Does deadly strike work with BF?

Anyway, thanks to anyone who can answer even one fragment of my long series of questions. I have tested all I can, but I don't trust my own testing because I've rarely done it, it is hard, and my lack of items makes it pretty impossible. (Please see my other question about where to find an item package :rolleyes: )

Thank you very much.

Buena Suerte.

---*(Edit: Added eighth and ninth question. Lol. Sorry, that's a good deal too much already.)*---
In war, intelligence is the single greatest commodity.
3) Yes, both spells can be triggered by BF. They originate from the caster and are aimed towards the hit monster.
4) Again, both work (I only tested with the Axe of Fechmar and Iceblink). They didn't freeze terribly often (even with a L99 char against NM Zombies), but they did freeze.
5) The spells on Tiamat's Rebuke are triggered 'when struck', BF plays no role here. But for the record, they do work when you're struck while hurling blades.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
There has been a HUGE discussion about the blade fury build over at the amazon basin. Check out these threads:

Clicky I

Clicky II

Clicky III

Clicky IV

these threads should answer all your questions.

There are more interesting Sin posts also, just check it out :D

Basically, all mods on the first equipped weapon are transferred to BF. Damage adds like elemantal damage is reduced by 1/4 to the normal 3/4 damage of BF.

Edit: there is also a BF thread here in this forum that answers most of your questions:
Clicky again
Thanks for posting these, I had missed them earlier. This 'Blender' approach is what I was fumbling toward in my own silly little way.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Hullo Ellowyn.

Thanks! Great links.

Oops, I didn't remember correctly for Tiamat's, dumb me.

1) I tested piercing with razortail extensively and it appears to have absolutely no effect.

Too bad; it could have made for a very interesting build.

2) I also used the Demon Machine ChoKoNu with Razortail, and it, too, did not confer piercing effects.

Thanks all.

Buena Suerte.
In war, intelligence is the single greatest commodity.