Mod creation for Infravision on staves.
I've been messing around with a new character equipment set for the Rogue. Thanks to Lenny I was able to confirm Amber/Dark on the chain mail and full helm. I haven't been able to find them yet but another aspect of trouble came up for this equipment set.

Optimally it would be best to see this on her.

Amber Full Helm of the Dark
Amber Chain Mail of the Dark
Massive SWB of Swiftness
Obsidian/Harmony jewel
Dragon/Zodiac jewel x2

Of course she's blind. I was wondering. Is it simple to create a mod that leaves the game in its original state but allows Infravision to be on staves. I believe it'd be easier to carry one Plentiful Staff of Infravision rather than haul an inventory of Infravision scrolls. I've done some preliminary testing and this equipment set with Infravision is great for dungeon crawling (minus the Lazarus part). But the "hassling Adria for Infravision scrolls" is a major drawback to the fun. I haven't found the entire equipment set yet, just used nightscape and a ring of the dark with an amber/swift bow and obsidian/harmony helm. The other two jewels were just some random ones.
"Hi."
Quote:Of course she's blind. I was wondering. Is it simple to create a mod that leaves the game in its original state but allows Infravision to be on staves.

...that would avoid widespread mophing. But I'm not going to dole out a workaround for a playstyle that doesn't need it. I don't see how "modding" such a workaround even comes close to legit.

Quote:I've done some preliminary testing and this equipment set with Infravision is great for dungeon crawling (minus the Lazarus part). But the "hassling Adria for Infravision scrolls" is a major drawback to the fun.

Did you ever consider the notion that Infravision isn't *necessary* for a well-played Stealth character? Infra's a crutch. There are alternatives.

Guardian The Early Warning System
Wakes up critters vulnerable to it and indicates the location of fire immunes.

Town Portal View Dungeon Layout
TPs create a good deal of light, most certainly enough to navigate the dungeon. You'll be able to see walls, some dungeon objects, and get a general feeling of how a room's laid out. Sure, it's dangerous to use TP this way (no backup TP), but it's better than stumbling around in the dark.

Charged Bolt The "Guardian" for Lit-vulnerables
May awaken multiple monsters at once.

Bone Spirit For Magic-vulnerables
Wake sleeping Balrogs one at a time.

Part of the fun of playing Dark is being in the dark. You can't have you cake and eat it too, so you learn to make do.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]