So, how come no one has played around with Doom?
5% Chance To Cast Level 18 Volcano On Striking
Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped
+2 To All Skills
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+280-320% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-57% To Enemy Cold Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
25% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
Freezes Target
Requirements -20%

On paper, that's freaking enormous. No cold sorc/hurricane druids tried it out yet? Or does it not stack with cold mastery, in which case, it's just for hurricane druids?
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
I've played with it, its excellent, but i prefer to confine my testing and planning to items that will be available within the first month or so of new ladder play.

THe one thing i wanted to test but didn't was whether the -57% cold res worked with spells or if one had to 'hit' with the weapon... in which case i must ponder whether it affects the Holy Freeze pulse damage.

All in all though, this is an excellent weapon - i'd planned on eventually using it (eventually) on a might merc, while my pally ran conviction or fanat, with the free defiance aura from his exhile(?) shield.

It is also possible that, when all the equip is avail. to use this rune word as my weapon, while my merc uses the runeword that gives lvl 9 fanat so my pally could always run conviction....

but i digress.
Quillan,Aug 13 2003, 11:01 AM Wrote:It is also possible that, when all the equip is avail. to use this rune word as my weapon, while my merc uses the runeword that gives lvl 9 fanat so my pally could always run conviction....

I was thinking of something quite similar, but remember seeing a bug somewhere in 1.10 that cause Auras to cycle instead of Stack... I guess we need to confirm whether or not this is still the case ro what the deal was with that bug.

Might, Fanat, Conc, Defiance, HF... throw in Bramble (Thorns) just for kicks ... damn, doesn't get much better than that. Potentially more petrifying than the 8 player APT with mercs.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

[Image: dixen.gif]
Mmmmmmm... WB/WW, Appropriate combat skills, hurricane and oak sage/HoW and you've got yourself quite the furious maelstrom there!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Quillan,Aug 13 2003, 08:01 AM Wrote:THe one thing i wanted to test but didn't was whether the -57% cold res worked with spells or if one had to 'hit' with the weapon... in which case i must ponder whether it affects the Holy Freeze pulse damage.
I had tested whether "-XX% to Enemy XXX resistance" works with Sorceress spells and found it does (see this post on AB for more details). It does not break Immunity, however, even if you hit the target with the weapon. ;)
Pren,Aug 13 2003, 01:18 PM Wrote:5% Chance To Cast Level 18 Volcano On Striking
Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped
+2 To All Skills
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+280-320% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-57% To Enemy Cold Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
25% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
Freezes Target
Requirements -20%

On paper, that's freaking enormous. No cold sorc/hurricane druids tried it out yet? Or does it not stack with cold mastery, in which case, it's just for hurricane druids?
be sweet
Epi,Aug 14 2003, 12:41 AM Wrote:
Quillan,Aug 13 2003, 08:01 AM Wrote:THe one thing i wanted to test but didn't was whether the -57% cold res worked with spells or if one had to 'hit' with the weapon... in which case i must ponder whether it affects the Holy Freeze pulse damage.
I had tested whether "-XX% to Enemy XXX resistance" works with Sorceress spells and found it does (see this post on AB for more details). It does not break Immunity, however, even if you hit the target with the weapon. ;)
From your AB post:

How I tested this. Setup:

* Fallen modded to 12 life, 99% resist cold
* Zombie modded to 20 life, 100% resist cold
* Life regeneration for both monsters set to 0
* Ice Bolt modded to do constant 100 damage
* Staff with 3 Rainbow Facet jewels for -10% enemy cold resistance, and also +14% cold damage, 72-114 cold damage

Although this is good information about the gems, it does not shed definitive light on the question of whether a rune weapon with that mod works the same as what you tested... unless you looked at the code and it is the same for the rune weapon as the jewels as the elite armor with -15% res etc. (this skill is beyond me). If it is the same, thanks for the update... would it therefore also work for a merc carrying the weapon (IE. act 3 with sword)?

but remember seeing a bug somewhere in 1.10 that cause Auras to cycle instead of Stack...

I didn't notice the auras not stacking with my testing pre 1.1s but i wasn't looking for it specificially.