Confuse and Prayer
Okay, Confuse. It's a necromancer curse that confuses enemies causing them to attack random targets, right? And a confused monster will not attack another confused one, meaning it works very well on boss packs but is tricky to use otherwise, right?

I'm not sure whether the 1.10 patch has changed that, but in MongoJerry's account of his melee sorceress, it seems like the confused monsters attack each other! I don't know if that's just because of the Delirium or what, though.

Next, Prayer.

How does Prayer work? Is it + X life per second or every 2 seconds? And when it restores your life, it takes an equal amount of mana, correct? So is the Meditation bonus from Prayer a "Prayer replacing aura"? Does it do the exact same thing as Prayer without the mana cost?

Thanks for any and all help.

Greetings,
Refrigerator
Hail Refrigerator,

Confused critters do not normally target each other, however there is a small exception. As you well know, if you are allied with someone, you cannot harm them: because of this, critters normally cannot harm each other by accident with their attacks. Confised critters are a little different though, and their attacks can potentially hit anyone, even though they can only target non-confused critters. If one critter accidentally hits another, the one injured may retaliate, which can cause the two confused critters to fight.

The odds of this happening seem pretty slim though, as I've only seen it a couple of times :\
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I was runnin a Necrodin in cows (Charges of confuse on ring/corpse explode on corpsemorn/foh/conversion/conviction) and noticed exactly what Elric has said...they will attack each other at times...it can be really helpful....convert one or 2, confuse the rest and sit back and wait. a converted cow will not get "confused" so he is gonna go after his own comrades. I havent tested it in 1.1 much, but I know in .09 all monsters immediatley will go after the converted one. Its a very slow process, but when you are cowing with a bunch of level 20 characters in a pubbie, you got to do what you have to (not to mention loads of keyboard micromanagment)....get them fingers in shape for 1.10...its comin soon ....ready or not :)

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
With 1.10 it seems that confused monsters will attack each other. From what I have used of it,confuse seems to be like a mass attract, except that the monsters may still happen to select you or your minions as a target.
Alright, thank you for your info about confuse, everyone! :D Now all that's left is prayer...
For Prayer, the quick answer is yes.

So as soon as you can put one point into Cleansing you can get Prayer for free. One thing to not is that any +skills to Prayer will not increase Cleansings or Meditations healing rate.
Get Cosmos, Use Cosmos, Love Cosmos