Question about different Diablo/Hellfire versions
Hi!

I'm currently looking to get a collection of all different EXE files and Patches from all Diablo and Hellfire versions.
I've now gathered quite a lot, but I'm still missing a few and I was wondering if I know of all versions.

Here's my list for the PC (scroll down for mac):
Diablo pre-release Version EXE file
Diablo pre-release Version (cracked to 1.0) EXE File
Diablo Beta version 96.11.9.2
Diablo Retail version 1.0
Diablo Retail Patch 1.02
Diablo Retail Patch 1.04
Diablo Retail Patch 1.05 **
Diablo Retail Patch 1.07
Diablo Retail Patch 1.08
Diablo Retail Patch 1.09
Diablo Retail Patch 1.09b
Diablo Shareware Patch 1.08
Diablo Shareware Patch 1.09
Diablo Shareware Patch 1.09b
Hellfire European Version 1.00 EXE file
Hellfire International Version 1.00 EXE file *still looking for it*
Hellfire Patch 1.01
Hellfire Patch 1.01beta *still looking for it*

I suppose 1.01 and 1.06 were only Blizzard-internal patches and overridden in the release list. Does anyone know more about them?

Is there any difference between the spawned version and the shareware version?
As the spawned also says "shareware" in the title screen, I suppose they're identical, but I was wondering if the spawned 1.00 and the shareware 1.00 exe files are truly identical?
And are there other install-versions of the shareware available other than 1.00?
I was wondering if there were shareware equivalents to 1.02-1.07.
Is the Hellfire Patch 1.01 identical when applied to the US and Euro version?

**1.05: I do have a 1.05 patch, but it is a little different from the other patches. It can only be applied from within the Diablo directory (error message if you try otherwise) and it doesn't come with an icon (Diablo icon from 1.00-1.07 or bnet icon from 1.08-1.09b).
Is there another version of this patch available?

What about patches and different versions for the macintosh? Is the retail version of the mac identical to PC1.0? Which different versions are available here?
There seem to be at least two demo versions, one is 1.08 and the other seems to be a previous version which can be patched to 1.08.
So far I've only found patches 1.08 and 1.09 for the mac retail version.
What's the difference between these two files?
Diablo 1.09 Update.hqx (larger)
Diablo 1.09-Mac.hqx

If anyone can help me out with information not in my list and/or answers to my questions, I'd greatly apprechiate it!

thank you!
Oh come on...someone -has- to have som information about this.
I know that at least Jarulf has the HF1.01beta patch ;)
Bumping is tacky and makes me feel like locking threads.

-Lem
I think I got all of the ones you want/have except the shareware ones which I don't bother with.

>I suppose 1.01 and 1.06 were only Blizzard-internal
>patches and overridden in the release list. Does
>anyone know more about them?

Never released publicly as far as I know, so you can disregard them.

>Is there any difference between the spawned version
>and the shareware version?

The spawn and shareware should be the same, at least the game files.

>As the spawned also says "shareware" in the title
>screen, I suppose they're identical, but I was
>wondering if the spawned 1.00 and the shareware 1.
>00 exe files are truly identical?

I have never really bother comparing them, but I would guess so and always assumed so, but again, I have never really bothered with the shareware version of the game.

>And are there other install-versions of the shareware
>available other than 1.00?

Don't think so. The 1.08 patch was the first time I ever heared of an update. I think the reason for it was bnet related. Not sure if they actually changed anything of the actual game play though.

>I was wondering if there were shareware equivalents
>to 1.02-1.07.

Nope.

>Is the Hellfire Patch 1.01 identical when applied to the
>US and Euro version?

Yes, it ends up as the same.

>**1.05: I do have a 1.05 patch, but it is a little different
>from the other patches. It can only be applied from
>within the Diablo directory (error message if you try
>otherwise) and it doesn't come with an icon (Diablo
>icon from 1.00-1.07 or bnet icon from 1.08-1.09b).
>Is there another version of this patch available?

Not that I know of. The patch file I have don't have an icon either. never really noticed it must run only from the same directory.

>What about patches and different versions for the
>macintosh? Is the retail version of the mac identical to
>PC1.0? Which different versions are available here?
>There seem to be at least two demo versions, one is 1.
>08 and the other seems to be a previous version which
>can be patched to 1.08.
>So far I've only found patches 1.08 and 1.09 for the
>mac retail version.
>What's the difference between these two files?
>Diablo 1.09 Update.hqx (larger)
>Diablo 1.09-Mac.hqx

Ahh, never bothered with the Mac either since I have none, so I really don't have those either.

I have all the patch files for all versions, not just the exe files. The excpetion would be the US 1.00 Hellfire which I only have the exe file of (not any dll like storm or so). I do have two different beta patch files though. b1 and b2. They have the same release date. I recall there being some issues with the wrong files being uploaded in some way or something like that, or perhaps it was that the first one only patched US version and the second both (so long ago I can't remeber), the b1 one is only 230k while the other one is 580k. I also had a hlpfpatch.exe file, dated back in 1997. It appearantly is some 3rd party file that modifies the hellfrui.dll file. I think it basically activates multiplayer or something. Probably before the actual command line switch was "found".

Seems you otherwise have it all. If I understnad it you would want the beta patch files for Hellfire and the 1.00 international exe file, correct? I can out them out on a web site if you want, feel free to message me and we can set something up.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.