Sorc Triplets Group
I'd hope to start a group in 1.10s of three sorcs, each taking a branch of magic. They'd be restricted to just that magic, except for teleport (I'm too in love with that skill to let it go.)

Would play TCP/IP. I'd rather play the fire or cold sicne I've done LTG to hell and back and couple times. Well, if anyone is actually itnerested get in contact with me, either in chat, here, or aim..
"Oh dear god, i don't feel alive when you're cut short of misery (raise forth lost cause)
will you pray it be the end? give a look surprise wide eyed to me (raise forth lost cause)"

~Coheed & Cambria
Sounds good. I probably won't be able to participate due to time zone differences, so kill some critters in my name. ;)
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
I'd be happy to -- however, that all depends on when we'd be playing. Mayhaps post a few possible weekly time slots and hopefully we can work something out.

I'd be fine with any of the three branches. Fire is usually my favourite, but I've been itching to try a CL sorc for a long time and this could be the excuse I need to get me going.

gekko

ps had you considered trying to get 8 people up for an EST group, by chance? Though it may be difficult to get 8 people for the long term, it'd sure be fun...
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Maybe I'll finally reinstall the game now that someone wants to play. :P Let us know what time to meet up or just email.

Edit: Just wanted to reserve fire if I'm in. DIBBS! :D :D
How about warmth? =) Even 1 tiny point... =)
That's why you do the EST and get a meditation pally. :)

I didn't start the thread, but I'd prefer the cold and fire sorcs not even get a point in teleport.

But that's just me.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
I vote the other elements can use warmth if everyone else gets to use teleport. I'm looking for a fun team not nessesarily a challenge but if this goes down whatever everyone decides would be fine. B)
I agree with the Warmth thing- never thought about that. Teleport is just 1 point. Only 1 point. I'd allow... up to.. I donno, I'll just say 5 off the top of my head, into warmth for the LTG and Cold. That can be debated with the final group.

Well, since I'm obviously in the group (since I'm starting it.. heh) I'll tell you my deal. I'm on EST time, and until the end of the summer I'm on most of the weekdays, and some of the weekends. The exception being next week, like Tuesday to.. Saturday, I'll be on vacation.

The deal would be, we obviously all have to meet together. I'd hope to play at LEAST once or twice a week. Once school starts up again (Sept. 3) I'll have less Weekday time, but would still have Friday Nights (Occasionally, sometimes I have stuff to do) Wed. nights are normally very good (Everyone works late.) Saturday afternoons are normally taken, and Sunday's are football. (=P Sorry.) Anyway, I'd hope to play once or twice a week once school starts up (Sunday afternoons to night, Wed. Nights, some Fridays, some other days when we all happen to be on.)

Ok that was just like a rambling paragraph, sorry. Anyway, anyone who thinks that they'd be reasonably available during the week and such, AIM/PM/ Or find me in a chat room. E-mail isn't always reliabel since I sometimes don't check it.

As I said, I don't want to be the LTG sorc. I'm leanign towards fire, but Ice would be fine. Cold is the tree that's losing out, ofcourse, since it's investing in other branches, and nobody invests in it's (Fire in Teleport/Teleken, LTG in warmth, but cold in both.) But Cold is also strong (because of freeze), so I think it'll work out ok. I'm hoping for capable Sorc players.

HC/SC debate- Hardcore would be fun, but the upside of SC is this force could really be awesome enough to keep alive. Anyway, I know I speak alot. Just contact me outside of this post after posting here so I know that your interested.

I want to start this ASAP, so contact me with that in mind. Tomorrow (Friday) I should be on most of the day after noon/1 pm. Stuff to do in morning. Sorry for being so time-weird.
"Oh dear god, i don't feel alive when you're cut short of misery (raise forth lost cause)
will you pray it be the end? give a look surprise wide eyed to me (raise forth lost cause)"

~Coheed & Cambria
Oh, on the subject of going over 3 sorcs - No, no no. A few reasons.

1. I don't want clones.

2. Even if two fire sorcs don't clone, there's too much fight over who gets the nice fire-sorc stuff.

3. 3 People is sooooo much easier to manage than 8. Or even 4.

4. It's not a nice number [8]. There'd be lke, 3 fire, 3 cold, 2 LTG, or 5 fire, 2 cold, 1 LTG. I don't like that. You could always make a group on your own like that, but for me I'd rather not. =/

~Coheed & Cambria
I wasn't suggesting 8 sorcs. I was suggesting an Elemental Strike Team, a group of up to 8 players originally designed by Sirian for classic D2. He made some rules for the xpack but I've been unable to dig them up (if anyone had a copy and could email them to me, I'd very much appreciate it).

As for HC/SC and whether or not the light/cold sorcs can get warmth, it all depends on how much of a challenge you want. For the original EST, the sorcs could NEVER get any resistance to their own element. So in hell, the fire sorc would now have -70% fire resist at best (after all three anya quests).

If it is just 3 sorcs, I'd be happy with the cold sorc.

gekko
I'd like to be in too! I'd go for anything left over but lightning would be nice.

Only 3 sorceresses?

But there could be so many other magic users too! Like the Druid, the Poison and Bone Necro spells, or a very holy paladin that meditates a lot!

I also have a hidden motive: :ph34r: Right now it looks like I'm not going to fit in there, :( and it would be nice if there was a few more spaces. :huh:

EDIT: Although then it wouldn't be the Triplets, would it?
Ok, listen, I'm up for more spaces, even though I was hoping for just a trio. But the deal is, ONLY magic users.

Also, if we're going over three, we need to be gaurenteed we all have time to play normally (Obviously we understand if there is some issue for a week or two that you just -can't- play, like I was just gone for a week because of a death in the family.)

All decisions about who gets what skill and what restrictions and all will be decided by the final group.

Also, anyone whos interested in playing any good at documenting these journies? I don't mean you can just write, I mwean somethign quality, like what Mango just did about Griz his combat sorc. I bet this all would make a good story.

This is not first-come-first serve, so anyone reading it now, pleasue show your inerest. I want the best people for these positions, not the ones who were up late last night.

~Coheed & Cambria
Well, I'd love to join up but am not sure I'd be ok to play regularly. Get some definate time slots set and I'll let you know for sure if I can join you.

gekko
Quote:I want the best people for these positions, not the ones who were up late last night.
:lol: Good thinking!

Ok. I'll try the journal thing, if nobody else wants to. I have a fear that I will screw it up. I don't know why. I will probably be able to play, but I am on WST time so take that into account when planning the schedule. I really don't want to wake up at 6:00am. ;)

But... From today until... I think probably Sunday next week I will be busy. Visiting relatives and then camping.

So anybody, feel free to take the journal job.
The journal thing isn't important, just an idea.

~Coheed & Cambria
I'd love to play. it will be hard once school starts up againe but i should be able to play around the homework.
It would be interesting to play a elemental/summoning druid.
Ok, gekko and I have met and here are the updated plans.

We're taking 3-5 people.
The positions we've set up for the taking are:

Mandatory-

Cold Sorceress
Fire Sorceress
Lightning Sorceress

Optional-

Curses/Bone skills Necro
Meditation Pally (Use Hammer for Attack, probably slow leveler)
Elementalist Druid.

Obviously, I just showed 6 classes and we only want 5. So only two (at the max) of the optional will be in play.

The Sorceresses will not have access to Warmth or Teleport if it's not in their tree. It'd be unfair to the Optional classes.

Gekko has already turned down being a Fire Sorc (Fresh off one) and me the Lightning (Same reason). So post here what you would like, and contact me.

It looks like we won't start up 'til September, because of my absense next week.

When the final group is made, we'll finalize our rules.

There will not be scheduled games - after each session, we will mutually decide when we can all meet next.

Please don't submit yourself if you don't have time to be part of the group.

Edit: Oh yea, we're using 1.10s patch, since I liek synergy. :D

~Coheed & Cambria
Hehehe it was just pointed out to me that now I have to download the 1.10 patch! *gasp!*

I was planning on continuing my usual route of waiting for other people to dig up all the bugs, tell me what to avoid, etc.

Any bets on how long before the "hammer" pally turns into the "smite" pally? Assuming I'm the pally, I say it already happened.

gekko
Okay, I'd like to play, and I'd like the... Lightning Sorc. Yep, I think I'm sure.
Is the paladin going to use the.... ahhh.... Fist of the Heavens? Almost forgot the name there for a minute!

BTW: I too, leik synergy. :P It is good.
I guess i'm going to call the elementalist druid