glitchy witchy
Strangest glitch I've ever seen... I was using my new sorc in the catacombs along with a rogue(wasn't sure if he/she was legit but after what happened I don't think they were). Anyway I walk into a library and soon here the screams of a dead rogue from outside the room. I didn't have any scrolls of tp and being a low level I opted to stay in the room until someone came to save me (there was also a warrior in the game but he wasn't in the catacombs with the rogue and I). About 30 seconds later the corpse of the rougue appears in the room. I figure that there must've been some lag or something that made the corpse appear in the room instead of where the rogue died. After 2 more seconds the rogues body moved..then it moved again...and again...The body moved to the bookcase then took the book, then lined up with me, shot an arrow from seemingly above it's head and killed me.... I have no idea what happened. The rogue denied dying and said she was alive the whole time. The body kept moving like it was teleporting around. Anyone kow what could've caused this and if it can be done intentionally? I had an idea of scaring new players by killing them when I'm already dead. :D
But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the Lakes for granted.
They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted."
But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall,
And her lover's gone into a white squall.
That rogue probably was a cheater, but there is a way to join the legions of the undead like you describe.

When using Mana Shield, equip items that lower your hp until you get a negative value. On your screen, you will see nothing strange except an empty life ball as your Mana keeps you alive. To other players, however, you will apear as a dead body with a Mana Shield over it. As you move they will see your body jump around the screen.

As for playing this way, I don't recommend it. First and foremost, you will be abusing a bug that prevents you from getting stunned or losing duribilty from your armors (A/S/H). Secondly, it is pretty pointless to kill other players (especially new players who could benefit much more with short discussion about how cheats exist on b.net, what some are, and whether or not they are going to choose to avoid them) for nothing more than introducing them to a quirk that they most likely won't understand anways.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Point taken. Don't hurt the new people tach them :D
But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the Lakes for granted.
They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted."
But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall,
And her lover's gone into a white squall.
There probably wasn't any cheating involved, chalk it down to a lag/desync problem. What happened is that, on your system, the Rogue actually did die, but this was not the case on the Rogue's system. The Rogue was, to herself, still alive and able to move around and play as normal, but because your system firmly believes what it has been told, then you really do see dead people.

I've seen it once before myself, and chances are that if you dig around some Diablo sites (I believe Virgil Tibbs has a similar tale to tell) you'll also find screenshots of similar experiences, with a probably better technical explanation that I've given.

Don't always blame such behaviour on cheating.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386