Whirlwind Q's
I have a diablo 2 classic barbarian. His main skill is *dun dun dun* Whirlwind!

Now, in the expansion I have heard and read that there are breakpoints for WW that is based on weapon speed and IAS. Does IAS and weapon base speed affect WW at all on classic? Or would I be able to use a very very slow weapon to the same effect/same hitting times as a very very fast weapon? :)

Edit: It either made no sense or no one knows. I am hoping its just the first :)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Speed and IAS do not effect how many hits are attempted in each ww ( at least in classic, I don't play LoD).

I also heard that in 1.10 speed will be calculated in ww's though.... effectively killing off the last of the lancers. :(
Stupid is as Stupid does.
Cheers.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"