Weird themes
The other night a friend and I were talking about builds we'd like to try out in the 1.10 beta, after the third member of our usual D2 playgroup had to bow out due to starting work early the next morning. Neither of us wanted to go to bed yet ourselves, so we discussed starting a new pair for party play. Various ideas were tossed out, and then we hit upon reviving characters we had from somewhere around 1.08, dubbed the 'Super Druidio Brothers': a werewolf and an elementalist. A few of the other gamer geeks in the room chimed in as we listed the possibilities:
  • Fiery Mario: Elementalist druid with pumped Molten Boulder.
    <>
  • Hammer Mario: A Hammerdin, naturally, with as much fire resistance/absorb as possible.
    <>
  • Tanooki Mario: Werebear druid, perhaps, or a barbarian with maxed Iron Skin and Leap/Leap Attack.
    <>
  • Bowser: Barbarian focusing on Double Throw with throwing axes (remember the chain hammers from SMB1?)
    <>
  • Yoshi: Revive necro. Eats things up, spits them back out against the stuff that's still alive.
    <>
  • Kuribo's Shoe Mario: Leap Attack barbarian, must use Greaves-type boots ASAP.<>
    [st]In all Druid builds, OS could be interpreted as a Starman. ;)

A little before that we'd talked about a fire sorc with Inferno and an elemental druid with Arctic Blast. Someone joked 'Don't cross the streams!' and from that we considered naming them Egon_Spengler and Jeanine, the PrimeEvilBusters.

So, what other strangely themed builds have people come up with in the past?
Hail Erthshade,

If you're going on the old gaming theme of builds, I have my Light Warriors series of variants, based on Final Fantasy games. Completed variants are the Mystic Knight (Assassin: charges up elemental claws and released them through a sword) and Blue Mage (Sorceress: learns spells by experiencing them first), and I've almost completed the Dark Knight/Paladin (Paladin with two separate themes, one of high defense-low offense, the other in reverse). Others in the works include the Dragoon (Barbarian) and Sage (Necromancer).
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Lover your twin inferno, thermocouple sort of theme

Ghost Busters indeed.

A sorceress with Inferno

A Druid with Arctic Blast

A Werebear with Shock Wave
or
A Sorceress using Lightnint or Chain Lightning

A Barbarian Using Warcry
or
An Amazon using Lightning Strike

There ya go, a four person Ghost buster team! :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete