Blood Raven leeches?
Or even at all? Blood Raven went through the leeching animation (the red swirl) but didn't seem to gain any life back... by leeching or regen (this is in normal...). I didn't hit her with prevent monster heal but she didn't seem to get anything by leeching... :blink:
Blood Raven spawns with a rare short bow. It's possible for it to randomly have life leech on it.
I thought it would be something like that...

Who else spawns with items? (please say Bishibosh spawns with Arkaines Valor, Naj's Puzzler, and a Harliquin Crest... he's my favorite monster)
Flying scimitars spawn with rare scimitars. Valks, Shadow Masters and Shadow Warriors also spawn with equipment. And apparently the ancients also have equipment, though I don't know what; that's not in monequip.txt.

I think (but I'm not sure) that the items they spawn with are unrelated to what they drop. So if Bishibosh spawned with that, you still wouldn't get it when he died, but the fact that they were already spawned on him would mean that you can't find any other of those uniques again in that game.

EDIT: I killed Blood Raven and didn't get a rare short bow. Also, flying scimitars can drop the exception version in nightmare and the elite in hell, while they only equip the normal version. So it seems I was right.
Do any of the council members spawn items (such as an of thorns suffix)?
There is some good related info coming from the thread on hidden features in this forum. Adeyke's last post has some good stuff in it.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein