Divine shrines
Hello,

Not having found anything on this in the buglist, I'm trying here.

The potions dropped by a Divine Shrine are not completely stable. They can, iirc, not be picked up by anyone except the game creator. Now I wonder, does anyone know if such potions remain on the ground, untouched, if all leave and return to the level? Any other information how these potions behave would be welcome too. Ofcourse I'm not asking anyone to go testing, available knowledge is all I want.
Zenda,Aug 22 2003, 09:05 PM Wrote:The potions dropped by a Divine Shrine are not completely stable. They can, iirc, not be picked up by anyone except the game creator.
Your post demystified that divine shrine problem we used to get in ironman games. Since the warrior was always the creator, and the rogue usually used the shrine, a message usually followed: "the pots disappeared".
We always attributed it to lag. Thanks for clearing it up. Now there will always be two more pots in the pool.

So, not only can they not be picked up by anyone else, they seem to actually disappear when another player tries to pick them up.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect