Enchanted Shrines
can enchanted shrines raise a spell past level 15? i am relativly newto this game recently purchased hellfire(damn expensive 20 bucks) but i havent found an answer to this question anywhere. thanks in advance.

ps. who the heck is Confuscious? i dont remember making this name odd.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Quote:ps. who the heck is Confuscious? i dont remember making this name odd.

Philosopher... (fake quote: "Man who stand on toilet is high on pot")
thanks to both of you. lol
It can't raise the BASE level above 15. However, if you have gear that increases level, it can get your modified level above 15.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Aug 25 2003, 05:39 AM Wrote:It can't raise the BASE level above 15. However, if you have gear that increases level, it can get your modified level above 15.
Just thought i would add that the 'MAX' spell level you can reach with the right equipment is slvl 20 . . .
Guh. :rolleyes: "Base" spell level is the unaltered spell levels. Sure, you can get it up to lvl 20 with equipment, equipment that delivers a grand total of 5 additional points. And last time I checked, 20 - 5 = 15.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Aug 25 2003, 03:34 PM Wrote:Guh.  :rolleyes:  "Base" spell level is the unaltered spell levels. Sure, you can get it up to lvl 20 with equipment, equipment that delivers a grand total of 5 additional points. And last time I checked, 20 - 5 = 15.
I simply stated that although the 'BASE' slvl MAX was 15, you could get your slvl's higher with the right items. Although this wasn’t an answer to the original question, I tried to give some extra help to a newbie. Would you mind explaining to me what was wrong with my post? :unsure:
Jarulf emphasized that it was a BASE value, already giving the implication that it could be raised higher than 15. You come in stating that spell levels can be raised higher than 15— in essence, saying what was already known and condescending our intelligence by coddling us with redundant and irrelevant information. Hence, the "guh".
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
It was not obvious anywhere before d1ks said 20 that the max was 20. D1ks's addition was that the upper limit with equipment was 20. Previously on the thread, it was said that it could go higher but it was not said how high. D1ks was not contradicting anyone, he was merely explicitly stating what that upper limit was.

While to the regs it is "obvious" that the best you can get is +5 with equip, to the people who would benefit most from reading here (noobs still exist) it would NOT
be obvious.

Mountains, molehills.
Thanks van, at least someone can see my point. In all honesty I was pretty annoyed to see that for trying to help someone out, I got nothing but an argument thrown at me, but anyway no hard feelings 'Rhydderch Hael'. B)
EDIT - Post appeared twice . . .
Vandiablo,Aug 26 2003, 07:14 PM Wrote:... D1ks was not contradicting anyone, he was merely explicitly stating what that upper limit was. ...
And where, pray tell, was Diablo1ks was accussed of contradicting anyone? "Redundant and irrelevant" does not mean "incorrect or contradictory".

False assumption = false accusation.
Jeez man, relax and don't be so nitty. The "contradiction" part was merely a 2nd theory regarding possible reasons his post annoyed you so, because I still can't see what valid reason you could have for getting annoyed with his post in the first place.

Quote:False assumption = false accusation.

False logic. :P An accusation may be based on a false assumption and still turn out by happenstance to be valid. But that's moot here, my "accusation" was not (solely) based on that one "assumption".

In this case, my "accusation" was not based on his "contradiction". My statement about his not contradicting anyone was true enough and I'm glad you agree with me on that. My "accusation" is that you jumped on him unfairly. Let's roll the tape...

Quote:saying what was already known and condescending our intelligence by coddling us with redundant and irrelevant information.

To whom is it "already known" that the max equip plus is +5? Sure, it is probably known to those who answer questions on this board. But to whom would it NOT be known? A: The people who ASK questions on this board. Is this board only read by people who answer questions, and not by those who ask the questions? If so, what's the point?

Furthermore, wouldn't the fact that the max base level is 15 be already known to "our intelligence" so, following your Post Protocol, wouldn't answering the original question be "coddling"?? Sheesh.

Short answer: Please don't jump on people who give supplementary information. For some readers, the supplementary stuff could be the best stuff.

Peace,
Van

ps. Good thing d1ks didn't list all the slvl-boosting equipment!!

ps to d1ks -- yer welcome!
To think that this forum is meant to be about Diablo . . . How about we change the name from "Griswold's Shop" to " Improve your argumentative skills here" :P
*chuckle* had no idea that would erupt from this.hellfire finally showed up but i left my diablo disk at school (thats rather annoying) yeah. lol anyways, thank all. i knew about that 15 20 thing but wasnt sure in this case, anyway thanks again.