Arrow Flight Speed
Well I've spent the last half hour searching but I've been unable to come up with what I've needed.

At what speed do Arrows travel? (And/or any other thrown weapons ex: Knives/Axes/Javs)

If the speed could be given in yard/sec it would be wonderful.
Missiles.txt, check the columns Vel, MaxVel, VelLev, Accel. This is using the in game scale for handling the movement animations. Check tommi's page on the walk/run speeds, it might help for translating to a yards/sec scale.

unmodified character walk/run is 6/9
arrows/bolts 24
thrown weapons 24 (if I didn't miss some of them).
I have absolutely no experience with the game files so let's just see if my reasoning makes sense.

Walk is 6 according to you. Tommy's guide says 4yards/sec
That's a ratio of 1.5 : 1 yard/sec

Same goes for the run.
Run is 9 according to you. Tommy's guide says 6yards/sec
Same Ratio of 1.5 : 1 yard/sec

So assuming that's true,

Arrows would be 24/1.5 = 16 Yards/Sec.

Can anyone tell me if that's true?? Or is there a hidden formula somewhere far beyond me.

(Also, someone once told me Axes/Knives travel in the air quicker than Javs. Any Truth to that as far as what the game files say??)
Javelins and axes travel the same speed, and in the MPQ files they are listed as having the same speed. It might seem that javelins travel slower because of their relative size. Bigger objects (javelins) moving at the same speed appear to move slower then much smaller objects (as the axes/knives are on the screen). Think airplanes in the sky.
Guys, don't forget D2 coordinates are square tiles, which makes it look like someone going North South East or West exactly to move faster than someone going, say, NE, SW or NW, etc.

If the coordinates were hexagons it would be more precise. Something to think of for D3 :D