i would like to create a party
hello, i was wondering if anyone would like to create a party with me... i have an
idea for a group that i think would be fairly well rounded, and good.

i would like to play tcp/ip games until the final patch version comes out, then
play softcore ladder

the party consists of 6 paladins, a barbarian, and a sorceress.. here are the
builds im proposing

paladin 1

20 vigor
20 blessed aim
20 prayer
20 meditation*
20 blessed hammer*

aura = mana regen, plus life regen from prayer
merc: normal/hell act 2 defensive /w defiance (bonus to defence rating)

paladin 2

20 vigor
20 blessed aim
20 concentration*
20 blessed hammer*

aura = damage bonus for blessed hammer, and other melee characters
merc: nightmare act 2 defensive /w holy freeze (slow enemies)

paladin 3

20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 resist lightning
20 fanatacism*
20 vengance*

aura = damage/ar/attack speed bonus for melee characters
merc: nightmare act 2 offensive /w might (damage bonus for melee characters)

paladin 4

20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 resist lightning
20 fanatacism*
20 vengancel*

aura = damage/ar/attack speed bonus for melee characters
merc: nightmare act 2 offensive /w might (damage bonus for melee characters)

paladin 5

20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 resist lightning
20 conviction*
20 vengance*

aura = enemy resistance rating decreased for vengance paladins/sorc, enemy defense

reduced for a bonus to melee characters chance to hit
merc = normal/hell act 2 defensive /w defiance (bonus to defense rating)

paladin 6

20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 resist lightning
20 salvation*
20 vengance*

aura = resistance bonus to all characters
merc = normal/hell act 2 offensive /w blessed aim (bonus to attack rating)

sorc 1

20 firebolt
20 fire mastery
20 fireball*
20 meteor*
other skill possably static field?

merc = nightmare act 2 defensive /w holy freeze (slows enemies)
note: fire tree was chosen, due to huge damage bonuses possable from trang ouls
set. +18 fireball, +10 meteor

barbarian 1

20 battle orders
20 xmastery

skill = battle orders will give huge bonus to mana, and life capacity
merc = normal/hell offensive /w blessed aim (bonus to attack rating)
note: weapon type has not been decided, however the character should not use a
shield, due to huge damage bonuses recieved from party, and should instead rely on
life leach

the bonuses for all the physical damage will help with leaching

if you are interested please respond to the message, or email
xSamTheButcherx@yahoo.com
Samthebutcher,Aug 28 2003, 12:03 AM Wrote:sorc 1

20 firebolt
20 fire mastery
20 fireball*
20 meteor*
other skill possably static field?

merc = nightmare act 2 defensive /w holy freeze (slows enemies)
note: fire tree was chosen, due to huge damage bonuses possable from trang ouls
set.  +18 fireball, +10 meteor
... The Trang Oul's set doesn't give the Sorceress herself another +18 to Fireball/+10 to Meteor... It gives her a SEPERATE Fireball spell with a slvl of 18 and a seperate Meteor at a slvl of 10.
Really? I thought it was +3 if you are a sorc.
Samthebutcher,Aug 27 2003, 02:03 PM Wrote:paladin 1

20 vigor
20 blessed aim
20 prayer
20 meditation*
20 blessed hammer*
paladin 3

20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 resist lightning
20 fanatacism*
20 vengance*

paladin 4

20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 resist lightning
20 fanatacism*
20 vengancel*

paladin 5

20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 resist lightning
20 conviction*
20 vengance*

paladin 6

20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 resist lightning
20 salvation*
20 vengance*
Maybe it's just me, but aren't you only able to go up to lvl 99 in the game? If my calculations are correct, these builds require 100 skill point, thus requiring 100 levels....
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
100... minus 12 from quest rewards. So that requires lvl88 to complete each build - still an extremely hard task if you try and gather all six players for each game.
no offense but in 1.10 the sorcs cold tree is going to be much stronger then the fire, if you maxe the synergies and cold mastery for blizzard it does over 3000 damage min. Mean while preatty much none of the fire skill do that much damge. and waht the hell are you thinking about firebolt for. just do fire ball and max warmth, because without warmth a sorc is preatty much screwed because she won't be able to regenerate her mana fast enough.
But how often does blizzard hit? Also, about firebolt, you don't have to have the most overpowered build ever to survive in a 3 sorceress team.
My sorc has a 90% chance to hit with Blizzard. And you still need warmth
Warmth is nice and all, but a large enough mana pool = possibility of zero points in warmth or even the possibility of zero points in energy!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Let me get this straight. No points in Warmth + no points in Energy = Large Mana Pool? The only way I can see you getting a large mana pool with no points in Energy is using valuable equipment spaces... Of course, one could argue that putting points in Energy or Warmth also uses up limited resources... :huh:
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Chaerophon that is one of the most idiotic thing's that i have ever heard. There is no way to have a lage enough mana pool on a sorc without putting points in either energy or warmth.

Have you ever even played a sorc?
btw the no points in warmth may work under the condition the pally with meditation has it at the start of the game but i dun thin pally's can have it right away but then again all those melee chars wouldnt need many mana pots so there may be lots laying around but i agree with the other that u need atleast some skill points in warmth to make the sorc useful
uhh, this idea seems a little silly... :blink:

but I like it anyway. I think the Party only needs 4, maybe 5 pallys though. A curse necromancer would be of great benefit here. But I think all the builds need to be modified here as there is a lot of overlapping, and I think a few misconceptions about how some skills work...
muffins for all!
It's easy to have a large enough mana supply with no warmth and no energy. There's enough mana regen/+mana%/+mana items in the game, and most of them are items you'd want to use on a sorceress anyways. I've got an elemental druid doing this, and I've done a sorceress like this before as well. Sticking to timered spells makes it easy, but I imagine you can do it with non-timered as well, just not Nova :P
but you might as well just stick one point in warmth, for just one point it can add a lot of mana regeneration with +skills. To not place at least one point in warmth is just... foolish.
muffins for all!
Well yeah, but it is doable :P
Your utter cluelessness is breathtaking.

Here's a concept for you. The fire tree gains synergies...JUST LIKE THE COLD TREE.

Fireball does over 3000 damage minimum...with no cast timer. In fact, it does a lot more than that when you 'maxe the synergies and mastery', which takes less points than blizzard... and unlike cold mastery, fire mastery is actually worth putting points into.

...firebolt is a synergy of fireball and meteor. Why the hell are you maxing ice blast? Oh wait it synergizes blizzard?? This was painful to read.

It's obvious you've got a cold fetish and didn't actually look at the fire tree.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
The first post was ill conceived as well.

You get 105 skill points - half of those builds require more points than that. Yes, it's only a handful of synergy points lost, but it shows carelessness.

It would be very effective, though the sorceress is sort of pointless. The paladins will be putting out infinitely more elemental damage and if the barbarian goes for war cry, they'll be completely safe too. There's no need for doubling up so many auras, if they fight on the same screen, one copy of each will be plenty.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Actually, you get 110 :P

98 for levelling, 1*3 for Den, 1*3 for Radamant, 2*3 for Izzy (total quest = 3+3+6=12)

Nevertheless, I'd plan on most builds around clvl 75-80 with Hell Izzy.
You're absolutely right, I carried the 05 from stat points into skills and realized that as I reread my post.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)