Diablo Pre-Release
Hi all

Where i can find DPR for download?

Thanks !
Right here:

ftp://angrenost.org/games/diablo/diablopr.zip

There's already a thread about the pre-release demo and beta version on the next page of this forum.
I clicked on the pre-release demo, and it said the link was broken. I would actually like to tryout this PDR so if you could possibly give another link for the demo, that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Vengeance is Righteous,
Sargonnas
Dark Vengance
Takhisis's brooding consort is an explosive personality who plots against her about as often as he works with her. Sargonnas influences vengeance, destruction, intrigue, volcanoes, fire and deserts. His colors are red and black. Spheres of influence include chaos, thought; numbers and war.
Seems like the ftp is down or something.
Before I posted my message above, I've tested the link and it was working fine. Maybe the page/file will be back online soon...

I currently don't have another link to the pre-release demo, sorry.
If you read the thread that is on the previous page, you will find access to the demo...

Selby
Thank you Selby, I followd the post like you said and found the working link :D

Your help was very much appreiated. :)

EDIT: I just had a sweet idea, what if we could play the PDR multiplayer? I bet if you mod'ers out there could tweak the coad a little bit, I bet you would be able to pull something off. Well, if not, It was just a thought.

Vengeance is Righteous,
Sargonnas
Dark Vengance
Takhisis's brooding consort is an explosive personality who plots against her about as often as he works with her. Sargonnas influences vengeance, destruction, intrigue, volcanoes, fire and deserts. His colors are red and black. Spheres of influence include chaos, thought; numbers and war.
LOL, that is the funkiest game of Diablo I have ever played in my life. I got killed by the butcher and didn't save, but thats okay. I was really getting PO'd when I had to buy ID scrolls, walk back down to the dugeon and then ID them, AND then I could go back and sell them. Makes you miss that old guy and his crazy 100 dollar ID'n fee. I actually had just found a book of ID before I got killed by the butcher, so that was quite usefull, up untill that point. I still think it would be fun to co'op that dungeon level. The leveling in that game was at lightning speed too, and the durability on your armor went down fast it didn't matter if you repaired or not, a couple hits from monsters would break anything you were wearing.

Wirt, Pepin, Farnahm, the Girl, and Cain are missing. The voices for the other NPC's are funny. And overall that was a pretty cool 30-40 min gaming experience. I think I lvl'ed to like 7 or something, and I wasn't able to take on the butch because of the way the potion setup was, I wasn't able to drink fast enough. Oh well, you live and learn, next time I play I will be prepared. I noticed a crack behind where wirt should be, is that there in the final version? I have never really noticed that untill now. It looks kind of like the crack down into hell, except it is not glowing red.

I like the way the dur/dmg was listed in parentheses next to the Item names, I think that was one aspect they shouldn't have taken out, it allowd me to switch what I was wearing faster then if I had to put it down in my inventory, look at its stats, then switch. Oh well, I didn't really pay attencion to anything else. THe graphics were a Little darker/different but not really that much different, whole setup at the bottom was different but other then that I was really just playing for the purpose of playing. So, really I was just enjoying myself. It was fun, and I can't wait to beat the thing (instead of dieing on the butch).

Thanks again for the link, that was really fun.

Vengeance is Righteous,
Sargonnas
Dark Vengance
Selby:
Umm the link to the pre-release demo in this thread and in the thread on the previous page is the same.
That's why I said that the problem might be temporary....and I was right...the FTP seems to be back online.

Sargonnas:
Check this out http://www.mysteryscomix.de/other/diablo.rar
It includes a hacked pre-release Exe file, which allows you to play the sorcerer and fight in two additional levels.
nt
No, what I meant was that in that thread I stated I had it hosted somewhere but didn't want to give it out to just anyone and that to private message me to get it =P

Selby
Just that, it doesn't work. I go into it and it just stays at a black screen.

Any Suggestions?

Vengeance is Righteous,
Sargonnas
Dark Vengance
Umm sorry no idea.
Which version do you have? Only one EXE or multiple files? If you have the second, did you use the hacked EXE I posted?

What OS do you have? More system specs might be helpful.

Does the normal Diablo run fine?
I have the .exe version.

It is only 1 application, and it doesn't even install itself.

I am running windows NT.

I used the hacked exe you posted but it doesn't work for some reason, maybe im setting it up wrong.

And yes, normal diablo runs fine.

Oh well, I don't know whats wrong, hope we figure it out.

Vengeance is Righteous,
Sargonnas
Dark Vengance
The hacked EXE won't work with the all-in-one-file version.
It's for the other version that comes with seperate MPQ, EXE and DLL files.

But I have no idea where to get this from the net. I got it myself from a magazine cd....