Berserk and Crushing Blow
Something I was not clear on, and was wondering because I'm making a berserker that will be using Ribcracker.

Crushing Blow is physical damage. Berserk converts the physical damage you do into magical damage.

So, for example say that you score a hit that does 250 damage, and trigger a crushing blow that does a percent resulting in another 100 damage. Does berserk convert this into 350 magic damage? Or is it 100 phys / 250 magic.
Heiho,

CB is a physical damage source which will be applied after the hitting. It won't be converted into magic damage, it doesn't depend on your skill or your kind of damage, all it needs is a physical way to be applied with (it doesn't work with spells, even if they do physical damage, eg War Cry or Shockwave)

Tested with Zerk and high CB chance against magic immune monsters.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Casperi,Aug 29 2003, 01:52 PM Wrote:Something I was not clear on, and was wondering because I'm making a berserker that will be using Ribcracker.

Crushing Blow is physical damage.  Berserk converts the physical damage you do into magical damage.

So, for example say that you score a hit that does 250 damage, and trigger a crushing blow that does a percent resulting in another 100 damage.  Does berserk convert this into 350 magic damage?  Or is it 100 phys / 250 magic.
Actually, Crushing Blow is not technically damage. It just modifies the target's life amount. See details here:

http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/weapondamage.html (Section 4.1)

Thus, it would be 250 magical damage, which is normally affected by damage reduction effects. Then Crushing Blow reduces life by 100, which is affected only by non-negative physical resistance.

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
Does crushing blow stack? IE: if you used venomgrips and uni thundermaul (forgotten the name, and at collage so most game sites are banned) in v 1.09 would it be:-

75%+5%=80%?

cheers,

kier
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
In the beta, there's a bug with how crushing blow items stack. It should be 75% + 5% = 80%. However, in actuality, it's 75% + 5% = 80%, applied twice because of the two sources.
adeyke,Sep 30 2003, 01:15 PM Wrote:In the beta, there's a bug with how crushing blow items stack.  It should be 75% + 5% = 80%.  However, in actuality, it's 75% + 5% = 80%, applied twice because of the two sources.
Sorry - just to clarify, are you saying it should be 80% applied once, but due to the bug it's actually 80% applied twice (i.e. the total CB chance is checked once per item with CB on)?
You don't know what you're talking about.
Naked Twinkie
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->