Cannot be frozen not working
In 1.09, I have a sorceress who loves Mephisto a lot.

On one of her runs, she found a HawkMail, which had the "Cannot be frozen" mod. I was overjoyed, and immediately tried killing him again.

This time, however, thinking that I couldn't be frozen, I ran right up, tempting him to use cold missile. However, I was still chilled, and he whacked me with 2 more before I could run away.

I notice that this happened again with one of his cold enchanted cronies. Why is this so? Do "Cannot be frozen" mods only work sometimes, or is it just a problem with my HawkMail?
Pirate 1: We've come to the edge of the world!!!
Pirate 2: Pay up, it's flat.
-- Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas
there are 4(or 3) types of slowing effects.

cold - what cannot be frozen works against.

holy freeze - not resistable, what duriel uses. act bosses and some frenzytaurs are immune to it though.

slows target

decrepify - might not stack with holy freeze.
Hmm. When I killed NM Duriel, my Amazon was wearing a Ravenfrost and even though I was standing fairly close I wasn't chilled, although I should have been. Quite strange.
My Spirit Shroud did just fine in NM Act IV, cold enchanted bosses and their minions never made me blue. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
NeoLunar,Aug 31 2003, 05:45 PM Wrote:In 1.09, I have a sorceress who loves Mephisto a lot.

On one of her runs, she found a HawkMail, which had the "Cannot be frozen" mod. I was overjoyed, and immediately tried killing him again.

This time, however, thinking that I couldn't be frozen, I ran right up, tempting him to use cold missile. However, I was still chilled, and he whacked me with 2 more before I could run away.

I notice that this happened again with one of his cold enchanted cronies. Why is this so? Do "Cannot be frozen" mods only work sometimes, or is it just a problem with my HawkMail?
The council members probbably had Holy Freeze auras. Duriel has it also. Test it again and see if it works after you either lure the council away or kill them.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
That wasn't a problem, because I usually kill all the coucil members for their (quite) good drops first. So what do you think was the problem?
Pirate 1: We've come to the edge of the world!!!
Pirate 2: Pay up, it's flat.
-- Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas
All I can come up with.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete