Colossus Blade
Hello!
Could someone answer may questions, please?
1- What's the difference between Colossus Blade and Colossal Sword? Which one is better?
2- Where can I get more easily Colossus Blade?
3- Doing the cube recipe of the 3 chipped gems, can I get a Colossus Blade with 6 sockets? What about a Cruel one with 6 sockets?
4- If I use the reward of Quest 1 ACT V, will I get a Colossus Blade with 6 sockets? Can I do it with a Cruel Colossus Blade?
5- Is Runeword ITH better than Runeword SILENCE? Why (not)?
6- What's the difference between Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike?
7- If I create a JahBerBerBerBerBer Sword, I would have a 100% chance of Crushing Blow Sword that always hits (ignore's target's defense), wouldn't I?
8- The same way, if I created a JahLoLoLoLoLo, I would have a 100% chance of Deadly Strike Sword that always hits (ignore's target's defense), wouldn't I?
9- IS there any website where I can find ALL runewords (because I didn't find ITH in many of them...)?
Thank you very much.
See you later!
Enishi Yukishiro,Sep 7 2003, 09:48 PM Wrote:Hello!
Could someone answer may questions, please?

2- Where can I get more easily Colossus Blade?
3- Doing the cube recipe of the 3 chipped gems, can I get a Colossus Blade with 6 sockets? What about a Cruel one with 6 sockets?
4- If I use the reward of Quest 1 ACT V, will I get a Colossus Blade with 6 sockets? Can I do it with a Cruel Colossus Blade?
5- Is Runeword ITH better than Runeword SILENCE? Why (not)?
6- What's the difference between Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike?
7- If I create a JahBerBerBerBerBer Sword, I would have a 100% chance of Crushing Blow Sword that always hits (ignore's target's defense), wouldn't I?
8- The same way, if I created a JahLoLoLoLoLo, I would have a 100% chance of Deadly Strike Sword that always hits (ignore's target's defense), wouldn't I?
9- IS there any website where I can find ALL runewords (because I didn't find ITH in many of them...)?
2.) Act 4/5 Hell I believe...
3.) The max amount of sockets you can get with the three chip recipe is three. Actually... I think three is the only amount. I've never done it myself.
4.) You can get 6 sockets on a Colossus blade but only 2 on a Cruel Colossus Blade with the quest reward.
5.) ITH isn't a runeword. It's a hack where they make Silence in a weapon and then somehow remove the runes with the weapon retaining all properties and leaving the open sockets for more stuff but it remains with the name ITH.
6.) Crushing Blow takes off 25% of the monster's remaining life (effected by physical resist) and Deadly Strike makes you do double damage like a Critical attack.
7 & 8.) Technically no. It would work but "Ignore's Target Defense" doesn't make you always hit. It doesn't work against bosses AND it only removes the defense from the equation. The monster's level/your level is still in effect.
9.) ITH isn't a runeword. It's a hack.
I am somewhat astonished you found this forum before finding blizzard's website.

Try www.battle.net/diablo2exp/ for stuff like rune words, the difference between two types of swords, their sockets, and the effect that item abilities do.

Mind you, 20% of the info is incorrect :P
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
1)A Colossus sword does more damage per hit, but it hit slower. A Colossus Blade does less damage, but faster. Which one is better depends on how much IAS (increased attack speed, found on things like a weapon of haste) and ED (enhanced damage, found on things like cruel) you have.

2) Act 4 or 5 Hell difficulty, or the cow level.

3) It always gives 3 sockets.

4) You can get a Colossus Blade with 6 sockets, but it depends on the monster that drops it. Magic items cannot get 6 sockets.

5) Ith is not a runeword. Ith is a hacked item. Do not use ith. Silence is powerful, but it requires high level runes, Ist and Vex (is Dol high level?).

6) Crushing blow takes of 25% of a monsters remaining hit points, and physical resists effect it, so you can't use it on physical immunes. Deadly Strike is the chance to double your damage. It is the same as critical strike. If your deadly strike works, critical strike cannot, and vice versa. If you have a 50% chance of deadly strike, and a 50% critical strike, It would check one of them, and if it doesn't work, it checks the other, giving you a 75% chance of doing double damage.

7/8) Jah doesn't work on Bosses, super uniques, uniques, or champions/possessed/ect. Also, on normal monsters, you still have to take into account their level vs. your level, which is usually more important, anyway. In the current version (1.09) the "Eth" rune is bugged in that makes it so their defense is negative, works on bosses/champions/ect. causing you to hit 95% (max) of the time. It will (hopefully) be fixed when 1.10 comes around. And, yes, you would have 100% chance (unless there is a cap I don't know about).

9) The Arreat Summit Ith is not a runeword, it is a hacked item. That has all runewords on it that are in the current version, and in 1.10 beta.

//edit: Didn't see Sporky's reply. :)
Quote:3.) The max amount of sockets you can get with the three chip recipe is three. Actually... I think three is the only amount. I've never done it myself.

Some swords can only get 2 sockets, ever. So the recipe would only give 2 sockets for those. Among the elite swords, these are ataghan, elegant blade, falcata and hydra edge. None of these can become cruel from the recipe, so they aren't often used, anyways. Of course, if your answer was just about colossus blades, you were right. The nit only applies if you generalized it to all swords.

To answer question 1:
Colossus blade:
6 max sockets
Speed 5
One-Hand Damage: 25-65 (45 avg)
Two-Hand Damage: 58-115 (86.5 avg)

Colossus sword:
5 max sockets
Speed 10
One-Hand Damage: 26-70 (48 avg)
Two-Hand Damage: 61-121 (91 avg)
Quote:6) Crushing blow takes of 25% of a monsters remaining hit points, and physical resists effect it, so you can't use it on physical immunes. Deadly Strike is the chance to double your damage. It is the same as critical strike. If your deadly strike works, critical strike cannot, and vice versa. If you have a 50% chance of deadly strike, and a 50% critical strike, It would check one of them, and if it doesn't work, it checks the other, giving you a 75% chance of doing double damage.

Note that, in 1.09, the mastery bug means you always have 100% critical strike if you have a point in the mastery, in which case deadly strike is completely irrelevant.

Quote:7/8) Jah doesn't work on Bosses, super uniques, uniques, or champions/possessed/ect. Also, on normal monsters, you still have to take into account their level vs. your level, which is usually more important, anyway. In the current version (1.09) the "Eth" rune is bugged in that makes it so their defense is negative, works on bosses/champions/ect. causing you to hit 95% (max) of the time. It will (hopefully) be fixed when 1.10 comes around. And, yes, you would have 100% chance (unless there is a cap I don't know about).

While the Eth bug does make the defense negative, there's a sanity check for this. If defense is negative, it's instead set to zero, and the difference is added to the AR. Thus spoke Ruvanal. So it'd really only be the same as ITD, except that it works on everyone. It is fixed for the beta.
Tahnk you very much. I alredy knew about these sites, but, as I thought ITH was a runeword, I thought Arreat Summit didn´t have all runewords... Dol is a MID Lvl Rune and I just need Ist and Vex... Hope I can get them.
adeyke,Sep 8 2003, 12:43 AM Wrote:Note that, in 1.09, the mastery bug means you always have 100% critical strike if you have a point in the mastery, in which case deadly strike is completely irrelevant.
Deadly Strike and Critical Strike stack which could lead to mega damage.
Obi1.10Kenobi,Sep 7 2003, 08:27 PM Wrote:5) Ith is not a runeword. Ith is a hacked item. Do not use ith. Silence is powerful, but it requires high level runes, Ist and Vex (is Dol high level?).
I just found a Dol (my first!) from Nightmare Countess. Therefore I would classify it as "mid-level".

Bob
(un?)fortunatly, they do not. One cannot activate if the other does (in 1.09, not sure about 1.10).
Ist and Vex aren't exactly easy to find, good luck :P
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!