Observation about chill/slow effects
I noticed that slow effects seem to apply BEFORE the speed cap is applied. Conventional wisdom holds that if your weapon attack speed is maxed out then any additional IAS or a faster base weapon is wasted. However when you're chilled by cold attacks or holy freeze that extra speed helps. For example with a "Crescent Moon" phase blade my character attacks at 8 fps normally (the max). When frozen with holy freeze he attacks at a still speedy 9 fps. From the limited testing I've done slow effects are simply subtraced from the final "speed increase" field in the speed formula....thus having lots of IAS or a fast weapon can largely negate the effects of chill or holy freeze.

With the increase frequency of boss packs, the way minions now carry elemental enchantments, faster monster attack rates, and the greater duration of all cold attacks in 1.10 speed may be more important than ever before.
But common cold attacks, that's what Cannot Be Frozen is for, and it's easier to acquire than lots of additional IAS. ;)
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
how does speed increase skills factor into this?

both jab and frenzy are slower than normal attack when chilled, if you don't have godly fast weapons/ias. that just makes no sense to me :(
I don't know, I'm not all that familiar with the speed formulas for jab and frenzy. It shouldn't work that way though....are you sure this still happens in 1.10s?

Anyway, I forgot to mention decrepify as another slow threat. The nasty thing is that all these can stack. Holy freeze enchanted, cold enchanted oblivion knight anyone?
hmm, i'll try it in s, i'm prefering 1.10 at the moment.

something even more messed up is if i try to run away after i've completed a frenzy attack while chilled, i'll freeze in place for a second.