I just got a ladder RavenFrost....
Offa hell lister. it's a 175ar/18dex.

Now, the thing is, I've got no idea what to do with it. Right now, urings are in short supply, and I'm sure to get a great deal on the ravenfrost just for it's how essential it is and for all those people trying to ditch their stinking 2 row death sashes.

Thus far, nobody's been able to offer anything decent for it, and I'm starting to wonder what it's really worth at this point. I was hoping maybe 2 ists highball, but people've been offering me stealth mage plates and rare rings with 3% life leech... except this one professional trader, who offered a 61% Kira's Guardian w/ some crappy kicker.

Now, by the stas, Kira quite simply kicks ravenfrost's ass, but 1) The helm slot is far more valuable, being where people get half of their primary + to skills and half of their primary mf, vs the ring slot which is a very convenient place to stick cannot be frozen, and 2) I think about how many tiara's I've seen drop vs the number of rings I've seen drop, and divide the # of rings by 10. Still, it's tempting, as I don't know how rapidly ravenfrost will devalue.

I could always just hang onto it, but I'm a little uneasy about that. I've got an up and coming bookya, so I guess it'd be good for him, but so would that tiara (giving him full hell resists w/ nat res and hand-me-down smoke); then again, I plan on mf horking with him, so I'd like the helm slot free for my ghetto topazes. I hate to miss an opportunity trading, but I don't wanna screw myself.

*explodes* :blink:
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
No-one's offered you SoJ? :P
If you have any intention of playing a physical attack character in the near future I'd suggest you keep it

I'm a fairly poor trader though, ymmv
Ya, I'd say if you think it will be useful, then keep it. Otherwise, trade it for something you need and never look back.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

The only one I plan on playing is a bookya, who seems fine with chill.

Hail GenericKen,

I'd also say: keep it.

I've been trying to do a bit of trading the last two days. The economy is not fixed yet (thank god), and so there are no, well, "exchange rates" yet. I traded away quite a lot of stuff for an Amn Rune, for example, but alas, I didn't need the other stuff but I sure needed that Amn.
A friend of mine found a +8 res to all medium charm yesterday, tried to trade it, and didn't get ANY offers. I mean, that's quite a nice item to have in HC, especially with elemental damage beefed up in 1.10.

So, keep it, at least for the time beeing, Ravenfrost will always go for a nice price. And if you have a char who will make good use of it, I would definitely keep it, unless a really great trade came up.

Greetings,
Lord_Olf

PS: Hope this thread doesn't get nuked... might be a nice place to start a discussion about the new ladder economy in general...
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
I also say keep it. When I start a character fresh and never getting presents from higher chars (such as a first ladder char) I always have a shopping "list" in my head of items I need to find or trade for. For melee chars one of those items on my "list" is hopefully a raven frost or some other item with cannot be frozen. As it happened I got luckier than you on ladder. The first raven frost I have found is also the best I have ever found. (about 2 or 3 AR points off of perfect) :ph34r:
(nt)
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
See, this is what I'm talking about. It won't be long before half of b.net's managed to find a ravenfrost on their own, and mine's sub-par.

Hail GenericKen,

so, another argument to keep and use it: If everyone is going to look for perfect Ravens, you might as well use yours for yourself. Sorry if my comment was a little bit, well, ridiculing (I was not sticking my tongue out!), it was not meant that way; didn't want to ridicule you, just wanted to state a fact, please accept my apologies if you took any offence!

Greetings,

Lord_Olf
Ravens are in a short supply, and so is everything else. Nobody offers you anything decent since most people have nothing decent.

IF you're not playing melee chars anyways, just give it away for a Kira. It is a lovely item to have for nearly all caster types (I like my resists 75% in hell, don't know about you).

By the time people'll have something nice to offer for your raven it won't be worth it. I'd say just get that Kira asap. You can trade for a raven later - when it becomes more common. And of course we know that there will be no dupings on the realms, since Blizzard did promise us a hack free realm and they keep their word (mind you, I am talking about '98, not '03).

c.
GenericKen,Nov 8 2003, 02:03 PM Wrote:I was hoping maybe 2 ists highball
Could you please send me some of whatever you are smoking?
Trade it for something you want. In a barter economy, instant grarification impulses lead you to bad trades. If what you have is valuable enough to someone, then you will get a good value for your trade if you

Spend Enough Time

Looking for "just the right thing to trade for that Ravenfsost."

Stock brokers have been working that angle for a few hundred years.

Better yet, use the ring on a character, or, if you are really at a loss, sell it on Ebay: some sucker is bound to want to pay you real cash for it.

Why agonize over it here? The Ladder economy, due to resets, is bound to be more unstable and more dynamic than the old jokonomy on bnet.

Enjoy it while it lasts, you know that the dupes will eventually show up.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
What about Hawkmail's value?

My Druid is loving it, but maybe people would pay good money (items) for it?

I know it's not in a very good place, but CBF is very valuable, and upgrading you have a +15 resist/resist max +80% def armour as well!
adamantine,Nov 10 2003, 05:28 PM Wrote:What about Hawkmail's value? 
Yeah, hawkmail is nice in HC, but considering I have one for each of my three chars already I doubt there is much value there.

--Edit ... stop quoting whole posts Bish!
I have a feeling the economy will suffer deep inflation once people work out how to farm act bosses. I'm doing Hell Mephisto extensively and good things are dropping pretty often. At least every 50 runs I'll have an elite unique nearly guaranteed or something good. I'm hoping to grab the new Azurewrath as my Doombringer is still only doing sliver damage to nearly all monsters :angry: and the undead are going to suffer once I reach act 5 hehehe. (Note: Yeah I realise the Azurewrath sword is in fact quite weak compared to ye ol' Doomy, but the cool factor is mainly what attracts me to one :D )

As for the Kira's Guardian, I totally agree with what you thought about it, helm slots are far better saved for other things that you can't already get on charms/rings, ie. damage reduction, huge defense, huge magic find. Can't be frozen is indeed an awesome mod for hell fighting and I use Shael Eth shield purely for that reason. I say save your raven frost cos it is indeed a nice ring and I actually find that unique rings/amulets do not drop from Mephisto as easily as the other items. In fact I don't recall finding a single ring/amulet from Mephisto strangely.