Mod making for 1.09
I was wondering whether or not Charlie Bevel (the programmer behind EZ ModMaker 2000) ended up releasing a version that supported the 1.09 patch of Diablo (not Hellfire). I was taken away at how many options could be edited by using his editor, having previously tried it on 1.08.

Also, is there anyone who knows how to add the extra hotkeys (F1-F4) for use in Diablo 1.09? It's a real shame having only 4 hotkeys, when there are so many useful spells.

I hope someone will read this - this forum isn't completely dead is it?
Quote:I was wondering whether or not Charlie Bevel (the programmer behind EZ ModMaker 2000) ended up releasing a version that supported the 1.09 patch of Diablo

As far as I know, there is not a version that supports 1.09. However, this isn't such a big setback. None of the modmaking utilities do anything that can't be done simply by hand.

Quote:Also, is there anyone who knows how to add the extra hotkeys (F1-F4) for use in Diablo 1.09?

You may have better luck with this query at Z + Z's Diablo and Hellfire modding forum: The Dark Forums.

Quote:I hope someone will read this - this forum isn't completely dead is it?

Oh yes, absolutely, completely, 100% dead and buried. That's why nobody EVER posts here. :P
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Oh, that's a shame... although these changes can be made by hand, I don't have a very good understanding of Hex editing. Simple things which involve altering certain bytes isn't complicated, but to do more complicated things (like changing lengths of text phrases, etc.) require W32Dasm which I'm pretty much clueless about. Perhaps you can guide me?

Is there better documentation out there for the offset values in 1.09? I read the guide on the Mod's page of the Lurker Lounge, but most of the values are for 1.07.

Oh, and thanks for the link to the Dark Forums. I'll see whether I can get extra information from them.

Anyone else know of a 1.09 mod maker?
Quote:Simple things which involve altering certain bytes isn't complicated, but to do more complicated things (like changing lengths of text phrases, etc.) require W32Dasm which I'm pretty much clueless about. Perhaps you can guide me?

Sorry, but I'm not really that familiar with W32dasm myself. I don't really have much of an interest in modmaking beyond making 'micro-mods' for testing things in the game. Most of what I know about mod-making is only so that I can make data-extraction techniques work with mods as well as Vanilla Diablo.

Quote:Is there better documentation out there for the offset values in 1.09? I read the guide on the Mod's page of the Lurker Lounge, but most of the values are for 1.07.

At the top of the ark Forums page is a link to the main The Dark page from which you will find a link to their Mod workshop.

-W.C. Fields
Just wondering whether anyone knows which area of the Diablo.exe file determines the icons present in the spellbook, and their respective positions.

What I'm intending to do is to put all the fire spells on the same page, all the lightning spells on the same page, all the magic spells on the same page, etc.

Can anyone help me?
Here are some other changes I'd like to make to Diablo that I would like some assistance with (if anyone has any knowledge of the offsets and what to change):

Increasing gold stack size
Don't drop items if you die
Sharing of experience between all players (I believe there was a post about this a while ago on this forum)
Offset values for mana cost of spells
Offset values for spellbook display of mana cost of spells
F1-F4 hotkeys (to be used like the F5-F8 hotkeys)
If anyone can give ANY assistance (or even provide a link to some Diablo documentation) I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance.
If anyone can give ANY assistance (or even provide a link to some Diablo documentation) I would be extremely grateful.

I assume you checked the Mod Workshop at The Dark site. Did you get a copy of The Dark Mod Notes? It's a very helpful collection of information, which doesn't receive the prominence it is due. ;)

-W.C. Fields
Almost all of those changes have been documented for 1.07 and converting them to 1.09 (if not already done) would just require a little thought.

There is a whole host of links that Lemming has provided us and using the search feature of this and the old forum will yield some interesting discussions.

Selby
Merged your three topics since they're all about the same thing.

-Lem
Hi there LemmingofGlory,

Are you the 'Lemming' that Selby referred to in the previous post? If so, could you please provide me with the list of links to documentation on modding?

I attempted to search for your posts with these links, but to no avail...

Thanks.
Quote:Are you the 'Lemming' that Selby referred to in the previous post?

Probably.

Quote:If so, could you please provide me with the list of links to documentation on modding?

I don't know of anything that you haven't been given already. Z&Z's Mod Workshop is superb. For meatier offerings, check out their DarkModNotes.zip.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]